The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I don't care about Megaman Legends. Because I don't like Megaman. Here's why.

#1_Izanagi_Posted 10/10/2012 11:46:52 PM
Before you start calling me a troll, hear what I have to say... uh, type. Anyway, I have a lot of Megaman games. Megaman X Collection PS2. Megaman Zero Collection. Megaman ZX. And I don't like any of them. Why? Because they aren't fun.

When you're fighting normal enemies on the way to the boss, they are way too easy to defeat. You can kill them pretty easily. And when you fight the boss, the opposite is true. The boss uses fast attacks that cover a huge range and with the tiny area you fight in, it's difficult to win. And that's not just it. Defeating the boss is easy after a while. Yeah, after you fight and die 20 times. Because the boss fight is not about luck or skill. It's simply about memorizing patterns. Watch how he moves and you'll know what attacks he uses. Dodging them is easy after that. Too easy. And don't think, I can fight him without memorizing that. Because you can't. Fight him without memorizing patterns? You will lose every time. Fight him with memorizing patterns? He won't stand a chance.

The terrain kills you almost as efficiently as the boss does. There are a number of stupid traps that kill you in one hit. Pitfalls, spikes, lava, you name it. You encounter so much of it, and in order to dodge it, you have to dash and jump, or wall hike at exactly the right time. You narrowly escape getting killed, and you're just a hair's length away from the trap. Make one tiny mistake and you'll watch Megaman and Zero get skewered, melted, or falling to their doom. Well okay, they don't show that, but you know what happens.

The "great heroes" Megaman and Zero are complete losers. You have generally have access to two attacks. Gun and cybersword. Sure, you can charge them to make them stronger, but you can't change a lame weapon just by adding that. The bosses on the other hands? They have a wide variety of attacks with which to kill you with. Even the beginner bosses have cool attacks which you can only dream of using. Not only that, but after you defeat the bosses in certain games, you gain some of their abilities. Can you use them well? No. You cannot. You are terrible at using them. Case in point. In ZX, when Vent fights Giro, who is being controlled in the beginning of the game, the Zero armor that Giro uses has awesome attacks. When Vent uses it, does he get those powers? No. What does he get? Cybersword. Anything else? No.

This is why I hate Megaman. I felt like I wasted my money buying those games. It's a good thing I didn't spend a lot. But this topic wasn't just a rant. I was wondering something. If you saw which Megaman games I played up there, you'll notice that Legends is missing. I haven't played any Legends games yet. The PS version is crazy expensive, and I don't know if PSN has it. So, is Legends any different from the gameplay I described above?
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#2SkaldskaparmalPosted 10/10/2012 11:49:44 PM
Okay.
#3pariah164Posted 10/11/2012 12:03:00 AM
Man, you must be really bored to bait flames with this post. So you don't care about Megman. Nobody gives a flying f***. And you should know this. Clearly this is flame bait.

FAIL. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#4HurricaneManningPosted 10/11/2012 12:03:02 AM
Bosses in Mega Man games can all be killed without the bosses weakness.

You say not to call you a troll and to hear you out, and then you type like 4 paragraphs of straight up trolling and untrue statements.
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#5FefnirOmega13Posted 10/11/2012 12:12:23 AM
Legends is 3D, X/Zero/ZX are 2D.

Therein lies your first, and most fatal mistake by trying to compare bitter and sweet apples.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#6FatCheesePosted 10/11/2012 12:55:47 AM
I agree with TC. KID ICARUS UPRISING is a much better game. MUUUUCCHHHH!

KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW BABEH !
#7AkaneJonesPosted 10/11/2012 1:01:42 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Legends is 3D, X/Zero/ZX are 2D.

Therein lies your first, and most fatal mistake by trying to compare bitter and sweet apples.

Not only that Legends is closer to a Zelda game than any of the classic 2D Mega Man games. It's a bit more clunky in controls, with slight more RPG stat elements, but it still has far more in common with Zelda. That's why people initially hated it. It wasn't the action driven Mega Man game OP tried to describe and knock.

Besides what is skill if it's not figuring out how to avoid attacks so you can take down a boss without getting killed. Weapon powers were there to make the games easier and more user friendly. Without them 2D Mega Man would feel more like a bullet hell shooter platformer hybrid.
#8Stefan1277Posted 10/11/2012 1:26:24 AM
Why exactly are you posting this? it isn't relevant in any sense of the word towards this message board. Need attention much? here's me paying you attention, looking at you with disdain and pitying your parents. There. Enough?
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#9_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 1:37:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10_Izanagi_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 1:45:11 AM
There was nothing trollish about my post. I've played the games for a while. I've gotten far, in many games. And yet, it's still the same. Nothing I posted up there was wrong, except for how you fight the boss, because apparantly there are people out there that could fight the bosses without memorizing the patterns. Or so they say. I've tried hard to enjoy them. But I couldn't.

It seems that after all the negativity on this board, people can't tell the difference from a troll and a person who was just asking a question and showing one of their favorite games in a different light. But no surprise. After all, the most I see on this board are people praising the 3DS like it's the second coming and talking trash about the Vita. There is nothing but ignorance in this board.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."