Why don't they release more Gameboy Color and Advance games?

#1teirPosted 10/12/2012 7:53:06 PM
I'm very disappointed in the Virtual Console. There is almost nothing I care about on there. Why isn't there more support for it and the whole eshop in general? There are plenty of games I would still pay $10-$15 to have on my 3DS. They could make a ton of money just from old games ported over. Specifically I want Dragon Warrior monsters and the Pokemon games. They also need to start putting SNES games on it too.
#2SF_BombPosted 10/12/2012 8:11:19 PM
Because Nintendo hates money. Or at least hate easy money.
---
Black 2 FC: 1808 0000 3910
#3Wario_manPosted 10/12/2012 8:46:44 PM
They could have had their whole catalogue from NES to 64 and any handheld game on there by now if they wanted to but for whatever reason they decided not to and only release niche or rubbish games nobody really cares about with a few exceptions.
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#4fire_rinkPosted 10/12/2012 9:29:10 PM
They are trying to milk money from us by putting out games slowly. If they put out all the games at once, yes they would make a ton of money, but they could make more. They are trying to get people to buy games that they have never heard of or never tried and every once in awhile release a big name game that they know will sell. I'm confidant we will see a strong VC selection in the future.

As for the eshop in general, I think it has done very well, especially with full retail games being released more and more.
#5brumxPosted 10/12/2012 9:30:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Catcher_FreemanPosted 10/12/2012 9:45:10 PM
They can't just release everything at once.

They make less money that way than if they release the games slowly.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#7aak57Posted 10/12/2012 9:47:04 PM

There is a far cry between all at once and one crappy game a week if that.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#8pikachupwnagePosted 10/12/2012 9:50:09 PM
fire_rink posted...
They are trying to milk money from us by putting out games slowly. If they put out all the games at once, yes they would make a ton of money, but they could make more. They are trying to get people to buy games that they have never heard of or never tried and every once in awhile release a big name game that they know will sell. I'm confidant we will see a strong VC selection in the future.

As for the eshop in general, I think it has done very well, especially with full retail games being released more and more.

This. Its a young service yet and I think all things considered its doing quite well. Doing a great job getting indie games(We have 2 nicalis games out with 3 more on the way, Renegade kid is a big supporter and we have titles such as gunman clive coming. Two brothers and binding of issac may happen as well etc.) and some nice exclusives as well.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#9teir(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 12:13:39 AM
They're releasing them way to slowly. The 3ds has been out for a while and the selection is still awful. If they released more and better games, they would probably have better sales for the system too. I'm afraid they're just not going to release the majority of games I want. I may just have to buy another gba to get what I want.
#10VyersPosted 10/13/2012 12:27:47 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...

There's a difference between slow and too slow.

Nintendo is too slow.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear