Why don't they release more Gameboy Color and Advance games?

#11VyersPosted 10/13/2012 12:30:33 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
fire_rink posted...
They are trying to milk money from us by putting out games slowly. If they put out all the games at once, yes they would make a ton of money, but they could make more. They are trying to get people to buy games that they have never heard of or never tried and every once in awhile release a big name game that they know will sell. I'm confidant we will see a strong VC selection in the future.

As for the eshop in general, I think it has done very well, especially with full retail games being released more and more.

This. Its a young service yet and I think all things considered its doing quite well. Doing a great job getting indie games(We have 2 nicalis games out with 3 more on the way, Renegade kid is a big supporter and we have titles such as gunman clive coming. Two brothers and binding of issac may happen as well etc.) and some nice exclusives as well.

Dude, no. This is simply and utterly untrue, to say that it's acceptable because it's young. Why should it be acceptable that Nintendo's pace of releases has become less consistent since the Wii? They got worse. The US VC saw huge spans of time pass without any major VC release - in spite of the fact that all other regions had consistent releases of games. Nintendo is being lazy, through-and-through. This is the worst Nintendo's ever done at an online shop, which they seem to think is their demonstration of how good they've gotten.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#12Baha05Posted 10/13/2012 12:31:35 AM
Vyers posted...
There's a difference between slow and too slow.

Nintendo is too slow.

Pretty much though everyone is pretty damn slow at VC in some regards. Hell if it was at least not so random it would be better or hell release one VC title a week would be fine though it wouldn't stop abbyhitter from ***** and moaning about it
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#13HellsDrunkardPosted 10/13/2012 12:49:43 AM
SF_Bomb posted...
Because Nintendo hates money. Or at least hate easy money.

Actually it's because they love money. They want to get every last dollar out of old, black and white GB games. Then they'll get every last dollar out of NES and GBC games. Then they'll start wanting every dollar out of GBA games, once the old ones sales are starting to steadily dwindle.
#14PokeMasterPosted 10/13/2012 12:51:51 AM
it's because NoA and NoE don't know what to do with the eShop.

Compare NoJ's weekly offerings of multiple VC, along with 3DSware, etc.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#15PsychoWolfXPosted 10/13/2012 1:12:20 AM
I know just how you feel,TC. I would uch rather spend money on classic games I loved back in the day then the junk that makes up most of the e-shop

Pretty much all Mario games
Minish Cap
Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Donkey Kong Country 1 &2 (not sure if 3 was ported to gba)
Contra
Pokemon gens 1-3
Legacy of Goku series

I'd happily fork over some $$$ to have all of those old gems on my 3DS, not to mention all the N64/Gamecube games I'd love to get my hands on (those would probably eat up a ton of space though}
At least the wii's VC has a lpt of what I'm looking for.
#16NeonYoshi11Posted 10/13/2012 1:39:20 AM
Nintendo eshop = Gameboy Color & NES games

Playstation PSN store = PS1 , PS2, PSP, Vita games all to download, plus PS mobile.

I've always been more of a Nintendo fan but just the Online shops alone make me want to get a Vita just for the games I've missed out on.

Gameboy color games just don't do it for me anymore.
#17PokeMasterPosted 10/13/2012 1:42:13 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...

Playstation PSN store = PS1 , PS2, PSP, Vita games all to download, plus PS mobile.

I've always been more of a Nintendo fan but just the Online shops alone make me want to get a Vita just for the games I've missed out on.

Nintendo eshop = GB,GBC,GBA*, GameGear, NES, DSiWare, 3DSWare
---
#18NeonYoshi11Posted 10/14/2012 12:53:40 AM
PokeMaster posted...
NeonYoshi11 posted...

Nintendo eshop = GB,GBC,GBA*, GameGear, NES, DSiWare, 3DSWare

NOT GBA. don't lie

DSiWare is 70% garbage.

2 gamegear games.

eshop is still garbage. I would love to buy SNES, GBA , N64 games but they refuse to let us purchase them.
#19PokeMasterPosted 10/14/2012 6:07:49 AM
The asterisk for GBA. In hindsight, I forgot to put the * notice.

As for VC, I count on my eShop

Game Gear: 9
NES : 25
GBC: 10
GB: 59
---
#20OMG_A_PONYPosted 10/14/2012 10:33:37 AM
Basically Nintendo has no online plan. Their plan is let's sell all this old crap and in six years roll out the good crap.
---
if you disagree with my opinion, it is because you have brain damage.