isnt it time for Nintendo to merge the VC games from wii and 3ds?

#11NathanisDrakePosted 10/27/2012 5:44:36 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
i'm not sure 3ds is powerful enough to emulate nintendo 64.

I'm not sure if you're serious.

emulators take from 3 to ten times the power of the original system to run.

3ds might be 3 times more powerful then n64 but it sure as hell isn't 10 times more powerful.

So you're saying my android smartphone, which runs OoT perfectly, is 10 times more powerful than the N64? You sure about all that bs you said?

Also, where are you getting these numbers? I won't argue with you unless you provide me with proof for your ridiculous claims.
---
[=[3ds]=]
[o+[__].::]
+ (+.[VITA].::) = ^_^
#12SMASHKING84Posted 10/27/2012 6:11:04 AM
official emulator is lot different then some fans hacking a system to run something it normally can't.

as far as the 3-10 thing people have stated this many times.

why do you think a pc isn't capable of running ps3 or even 360 emulators yet?

i don't need a source it's commom sense to run an emulator the thing you run it on needs some kinda power behind it.

i really should talk to you anyways your obviously a pirate so you wouldn't even pay for these games if they were released on 3ds.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4T-0byFY9w
#13NathanisDrakePosted 10/27/2012 6:50:36 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14Spiffy247Posted 10/27/2012 6:52:18 AM
If Nintendo will merge accounts or whatever, it'll be with the Wii U.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#15MonoculusPosted 10/27/2012 7:55:01 AM(edited)
So you're saying my android smartphone, which runs OoT perfectly, is 10 times more powerful than the N64? You sure about all that bs you said?

Well, if your phone can run OoT perfectly, it's probably running on at least a 1Ghz processor, so in terms of processor speed, yeah. The GPU clock speed is probably less than 10x faster, but at least 4x faster before overclocking.

But the fact is, Nintendo has all the data we're missing about the N64 that we'd need to make a less flawed and more compatible emulator, and they can easily optimize it for the 3DS. Is it likely that every game will run flawlessly? Not without a lot of effort, no, but they could easily make it happen. It's just a question of if it'd work well enough for VC.
EDIT:
Yeah, I'm a pirate for emulating OoT on my smartphone, even though I bought OoT3D for my 3ds >.>

Since they're completely different pieces of software, yes. It'd still be a legal gray area even if you ripped the game from a OoT N64 cart you actually owned, or out of a VC wad you backed up from your own WIi; anything other than that is certainly illegal.
---
Xbox LIVE GamerTag: RandomTag529 | Steam ID: FEGuy
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Android 4.0
#16ORANGE666Posted 10/27/2012 8:09:50 AM
The liscensing contract is only for the wii. nintendo would have to make a new contract with all publishers and get liscensing again for every game.

Sony had to make a new contract when they released the vita and despite that, had to relisence every single game despite an account system. They were also forced to lower the amount of systems able to share games on an account to 4 from 10 in the new contract.

Including the 3ds with the wii would be a long and difficult process and cost nintendo a lot of money.
#17ZeroArcheryPosted 10/27/2012 8:52:44 AM
ORANGE666 posted...
The liscensing contract is only for the wii. nintendo would have to make a new contract with all publishers and get liscensing again for every game.

Sony had to make a new contract when they released the vita and despite that, had to relisence every single game despite an account system. They were also forced to lower the amount of systems able to share games on an account to 4 from 10 in the new contract.

Including the 3ds with the wii would be a long and difficult process and cost nintendo a lot of money.

This is also why I only see them doing the merger with Wii U and 3DS, and just leave the Wii on it's DS compatibility thingy.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#18MBBDarigonPosted 10/27/2012 8:56:25 AM
They better...
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
The most interesting man in the world
#19ferofaxPosted 10/27/2012 9:35:37 AM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
Why do we need to buy the same game on the 3ds vc when many here has the original vc game on the wii?

I am looking at games like punch out and ghost and goblins, 2 fantastic games to own and both are difficult and challenging.

If I bought Plants VS Zombies on my PC, does that entitle me to a copy on my tablet? How about my smartphone? WHAT? I NEED TO BUY THEM AGAIN?

Nobody needs to buy anything twice. You buy it because you want to play it on a preferred platform. You want, not need. Stop feeling so entitled and man up.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#20SMASHKING84Posted 10/27/2012 10:16:32 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
Yeah, I'm a pirate for emulating OoT on my smartphone, even though I bought OoT3D for my 3ds >.>

ownership of roms is illegal unless you rip them yourself.

why you want to play oot on a smart phone when 3ds has an analog and smart phones don't...

it don't really blame you for downloing games you already own but it's still illegal unless you rip them yourself.

i still don't understand playing oot on a smart phone when 3ds has an analog at least.

if you were playing say eartbound on it at least i would get that.[because it's impossible to find for less then 300 bucks]
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4T-0byFY9w