How's metal gear 3d?

#11Exceed20XXPosted 10/27/2012 9:05:56 AM
It's fairly playable without the CPP, though I wouldn't really recommend this version over any of the others sans the original. If this is your only option to play it though definitely give it a go (there is a demo as mentioned), flawed as it may be it's still a fun game on the 3DS.
---
GBA: DKC1, FF6 ||| 3/DS: MMZ Collection, Okamiden, VLR ||| PSV: MGSHD, SFxT ||| PS3: Doom 3 BFG, RE6
#12IHeartMetroidPosted 10/27/2012 9:31:01 AM
As Exceed said-

Only get this version if it's your *only* option.

There are significant framerate problems, the controls without the CPP are quite frankly a mess, and quite a few of the design choices they made are pretty awful. For example- they removed EVERY bonus option in the entire game! That means no Snake Vs. Monkey. No original Metal Gear. No Metal Gear 2. Heck, for some stupid reason they even removed the ability to use more than one save file. That means one save file, for the entire game, forever.

It's quite possibly one of the few cross ports of a PS2 game I've seen that costs more than the original yet costs more.
#13IHeartMetroidPosted 10/27/2012 9:31:59 AM
That last part should be "does less than the original yet costs more"
#14masterchief8495(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2012 9:37:26 AM
I tried the demo and the controls are just like the psp controls for peace walker so idk it seems pretty good
---
"Le grill? What the hell can that mean!"-Homer
#15AmaboKcorbPosted 10/27/2012 9:43:22 AM
It looks AMAZING on the 3DS XL.
And since I've never played MGS before it was quite an experience.
#16IHeartMetroidPosted 10/27/2012 9:45:33 AM
Statement:
"It looks AMAZING"

And the reason why that statement isn't absolutely ridiculous and insane-
"since I've never played MGS before"

When you don't know what you're missing... it changes your outlook.