Why does this board's opinion of digital downloads seem to be entirely negative?

#11DH2007Posted 10/27/2012 8:26:48 AM
I think the main reason people on these boards don't exactly want digital downloads on their 3DS is because Nintendo hasn't implemented an account based system yet. For example, you buy Paper Mario digitally but then your 3DS gets stolen or breaks, then you are pretty much out of luck. I'm sure once Nintendo starts using accounts to keep track of downloads and purchases then everyone would start to warm up to the idea a little more.
---
PSN: Progamer_3
3DS FC: 4468-1000-5936 DH2007
#12r_m_8_8Posted 10/27/2012 8:30:08 AM
I can buy a NES game right now and play it on my NES. In 25 years, will you be able to redownload your games if you lose your SD or your data gets corrupted?
---
Now playing: Code of Princess (3DS)
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#13Semi45aPosted 10/27/2012 8:30:45 AM
VVVVV. Huuuh HuuuhHNuuuuuhgggg?
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#14Baha05Posted 10/27/2012 8:32:54 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
I can buy a NES game right now and play it on my NES. In 25 years, will you be able to redownload your games if you lose your SD or your data gets corrupted?

It's possible if the three companies continue to thrive and storage and technology becomes a who lot better. Besides who loses an SD card INSIDE THE SYSTEM?
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#15HakuPosted 10/27/2012 8:45:53 AM
Too expensive. Retail is cheaper. Would have to be the same for me to even consider it.
#16Spiffy247Posted 10/27/2012 8:47:24 AM
Baha05 posted...
r_m_8_8 posted...

It's possible if the three companies continue to thrive and storage and technology becomes a who lot better. Besides who loses an SD card INSIDE THE SYSTEM?

If you buy exclusively digital games, you'll have more than one SD card after a short while.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#17SlaysmePosted 10/27/2012 8:50:15 AM
I don't care about carts. In fact, I prefer digital content. However, the restrictions are trash. I doubt I'll ever get the DD version of retail 3ds games, unless they fix a few issues. ( a manageable account system, some kind of discount/extra content incentive, wii u compatibility for digital titles, a good, solid backup system in play.)

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to not play digital exclusives. People are missing fantastic games with that attitude. I understand the desire for physical media, but I prefer the lowered distribution costs the digital route provides, as it makes it much easier to have innovative, fun games, ones not concerned with franchises and liscenced ip issues. Does a $10 data purchase really sting so badly that you'd rather pay double just to have a cart? THAT makes no sense to me.
---
Your television viewing may be a negative influence on your life. It may lie to you. Watch out! Don't believe the robots. Eat well
5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme
#18Baha05Posted 10/27/2012 8:51:54 AM
Spiffy247 posted...
If you buy exclusively digital games, you'll have more than one SD card after a short while.

True but if you're doing that then you kinda deserve losing them for well not being organized or not putting them in a case or something. Because really it's kinda hard to just lose it.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#19Starwars4JPosted 10/27/2012 8:54:13 AM
You don't actually OWN digital games, and that's a huge problem. If they decide to take it down from their store, or they go belly up and there IS no store anymore...you're screwed. With the physical cart you can just pop it in and play it any time. Hell even if it breaks you can buy a new one...if the store is gone or the item is no longer for sale? Well too bad.

Also I much prefer to spend my money on things I can actually touch. Frankly after what happened on the PS360 I'd have thought more people would realize that DD is trash and only a good option if you can't afford a physical cart.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#20Spiffy247Posted 10/27/2012 8:54:43 AM
Baha05 posted...
Spiffy247 posted...

True but if you're doing that then you kinda deserve losing them for well not being organized or not putting them in a case or something. Because really it's kinda hard to just lose it.

If you've ever had a younger sibling, you know that on occasion some of your stuff WILL go missing. I have gone to play a game, and it will have mysteriously disappeared. Sometimes with a cousin, nephew, all those people too. I'm still trying to locate my copy of Bowser's Inside Story.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.