Why does this board's opinion of digital downloads seem to be entirely negative?

#11190sRetroGamingPosted 10/28/2012 11:24:43 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Full price ($40 for a digital copy?.. really?)

Not cheaper (should be $20-$25)

These are the same complaint. Its pretty sad when you have to use the same complaint twice to pad your list to make it look like your point is valid.

So f***ing what if i did?. why is that a big deal to you?.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#112r_m_8_8Posted 10/28/2012 11:53:09 AM(edited)
Naruto posted...
gamereviewgod posted...
I bought an Android game listed as compatible with my phone. It crashes when I open it. No refunds.

You can get a refund within 15 minutes of buying from Google Play. Granted, some of those larger downloads takes more than 15 minutes from the dev's slow servers, but you should watch out for that.

I downloaded Reckless Racing 2, but it took ages to download the actual game content. That's so idiotic because it destroys the refund system, the 15 minutes should start running once the app is fully installed. Gladly it worked and the game was okay, but iI couldn't be sure since Reckless Racing Lite crashes instantly on my tablet. DD is mostly crappy, really. Also look at what just happened with the PSP comics store.
---
Now playing: Code of Princess (3DS)
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#113RazieruPosted 10/28/2012 1:16:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#114RazieruPosted 10/28/2012 1:30:35 PM
parKb5 posted...
Physical games go on sale and can be sold. You don't lose them with the death of the 3DS.

....yet another physical over digital plus they fail to realize. Also, remind them that there are no refunds with digital copies like there are with the physical ones.

Yeah, where is Nintendo's Buy 2 get 1 free deal for digital downloads...ooops they don't have them, well, I can get that at Best Buy like every month for physical games.

Exactly.

I'd rather pay $80.00 for three physical games than $120.00 for the same in digital form.

Right again. Why sell yourself short and rant and rave like one of the drones and die hard over an option (Nintendo's infantile digital download option) that has yet to mature, let alone get off the ground? I still see no benefits digital has over physical considering ALL of the aforementioned....
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#115gamereviewgodPosted 10/28/2012 1:31:46 PM
Naruto posted...
gamereviewgod posted...
I bought an Android game listed as compatible with my phone. It crashes when I open it. No refunds.

You can get a refund within 15 minutes of buying from Google Play. Granted, some of those larger downloads takes more than 15 minutes from the dev's slow servers, but you should watch out for that.

And the download took longer and it was too late. The 48 hour policy they used to have was far too open to abuse, but 15 minutes is absurd.
---
http://www.doblu.com
http://www.multiplayergames.com
#116Baha05Posted 10/28/2012 1:48:17 PM
Alucard188 posted...
So, you shouldn't sell the games you no longer want. If you no longer want the games, or want to play them, wouldn't it be worse money management to not get something back for your games?

Oh no no if you don't want a game then sell it but the thing is sometimes people sell too soon. Besides spending any money on a product you are going to resell later seems to be a waste depending on the item because unless it's rare you'll never get that much out of it.

Of course if you really hated the game then by all means sell it.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#117Baha05Posted 10/28/2012 1:50:06 PM
Razieru posted...
Right again. Why sell yourself short and rant and rave like one of the drones and die hard over an option (Nintendo's infantile digital download option) that has yet to mature, let alone get off the ground? I still see no benefits digital has over physical considering ALL of the aforementioned....

Because you refuse to see the benefits of digital vs physical. Physical still trumps digital but there are issues with physical too
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"