Why does this board's opinion of digital downloads seem to be entirely negative?

#51renzsweetPosted 10/27/2012 12:04:00 PM
I never sell my games, though I do give some away. I like digital the way ps3 and steam do it, allowing me to download on multiple systems, but the vita memory card prices are a bother. I intended to buy more the day after Thanksgiving. On my 3ds, I prefer physical games because I feel Nintendo failed with the VC.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#52Buttery_ToastPosted 10/27/2012 12:08:09 PM
Honestly, I used to be against digital but now I'm actually okay with it. I just wish Nintendo would consider giving us a better incentive for paying full price retail digital prices vs. getting a physical copy for the same price or even cheaper.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: Virtue's Last Reward
#53LinkMaster2703Posted 10/27/2012 12:35:53 PM
A. Paying the same for a download as you do for a box/manual/cartridge is a ripoff

B. Physical games get cheaper much faster than digital downloads do.
---
Currently Playing: None
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/C_Dalke.png
#54Baha05Posted 10/27/2012 12:56:40 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
A. Paying the same for a download as you do for a box/manual/cartridge is a ripoff

It's not a rip off
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#55MinamoPosted 10/27/2012 1:11:02 PM(edited)
n00bsaib0t posted...
The same could be said about physical cartridges. You could pack at least 9 games in those lil 3DS game cases they sell at almost every store that carries games. How many times are you swapping games, anyway? Where could you possibly be going that would give you time to get bored of even just two or three games? The only place I could think of is school, and you'd have a book bag, put your games in that.

Have you ever gone on a road trip? How about a 14 hour flight? If the only place you can think to go with your 3DS is school, you have no place participating in the "I'm going somewhere and need to take games" portion of the DD vs physical content argument.

Road trip has you in a car, usually with a lot of space. Plenty of room for another 3DS-sized cartridge that holds X amount of games. I haven't flown in a while (I'm sure you are always doing those 14 hour flights you mentioned, however), but I assume you can still have a carry-on, since you'll be bringing your 3DS with you. Again, another non-issue. These are such specific, rare instances that would happen maybe once a year per person unless you have some insane employment, and they STILL aren't good excuses for DD over physical.

Baha05 posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...

It's not a rip off

Paying more for literally less is not a ripoff. Greatest argument ever made.
#56Nickcool1996Posted 10/27/2012 1:10:34 PM
I like seeing my stack of games and cases. The manual's nice to have just to see the art inside. Plus there's this feeling that I get when I pop in a game to the system that's so awesome.

So I love retail over digital. Price isn't really an issue, considering I can get a 128 GB SD card for less than $100 when the deal is nice. Heck, they're $114.99 on Newegg and $122.18 on Amazon regularly, so deals should be less than $100.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#57CrabhammarPosted 10/27/2012 1:11:43 PM
Physical games go on sale and can be sold. You don't lose them with the death of the 3DS.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
PowerFAQs... is not that bad for quoting.
#58Baha05Posted 10/27/2012 1:14:17 PM
Minamo posted...

The only thing you aren't getting is a manual and those have been obsolete since games started to add tutorials on how to play the game and the internet. A rip off implies you are getting swindled or something when in fact you are getting the advertized product. Not to mention you aren't paying more for digital, you are paying pretty much the same amount.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#59wisemiddsPosted 10/27/2012 1:14:46 PM
It's important to me that I'm getting a good deal - not paying more and getting less, (30 retail, 40 DDL) and actually owning the product I pay for instead of a liscence. Go defend Nintendo somewhere else.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#60MinamoPosted 10/27/2012 1:18:47 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Minamo posted...

The only thing you aren't getting...

Stop right there. You aren't getting something, making it less "product" than if you bought retail. You pay the same price though, usually more than retail. Not a ripoff though. Nope.