Why does this board's opinion of digital downloads seem to be entirely negative?

#91iMURDAuPosted 10/27/2012 4:19:07 PM
It doesn't bother me to digitally download. It is the only way to get games from the eShop. I got 3D Land bundled with my 3DS. Have you seen the "manual"? Its a slip of paper with the controls on it. The advertisement in the case was 4 pages of full color! I like that I can check the manual for games on the system.
---
"Stupid beast! Your body can't take any more of the Monado! I can tell just by looking at you!"
-Xenoblade quote you don't wanna use in the bedroom-
#92RazieruPosted 10/27/2012 5:06:28 PM
Monoculus posted...
Is it really that important that you have a physical case and manual to show off to your friends?

Hah, the cynicism. How predictable and lame. You and I both know it's more than that to consider, but I will educate you.

>can trade in/sell physical copies
>there's a thing called collectors in your regards to having everything in a physical copy
>paying the same price for a digital copy yields no advantage when you are paying retail for it, and do comprehend that the physical copy has the upper hand here seeing as how unlike the digital one, the price is NOT set (like with the rip off digital, since there's only one market for digital downloads on that pathetic DLC store Nintendo established) since you can go anywhere and get a physical copy for cheaper

You did know about point number three right? Now you do. Pay real close attention to it. That is the main reason why it is smart to choose physical over digital.

Can you not afford the $5 for a larger SD card than the 2GB one that comes with the system?

If they can or can't, since you care so much, why not buy it for them since it matters so much to you. Also, see above.

Is reselling or buying used that strong of a point to you people?

Yes, and see above. Not everyone is willing to dive in and blindly support such a feeble and mal-nutrition distribution idea from Nintendo with their poor excuse for this digital distribution like you. Maybe when they mature their ideals enough perhaps; but no.

Don't expect EVERYONE to be a drone and go "Gee, Nintendo, take ALL my money. No matter how dumb, feeble, and premature your options, ideals, and software/hardware are, don't polish them up. We are here to blindly support your fallacies so you won't have to critique anything".

I just don't understand why people would choose physical over digital on a handheld system, unless they enjoy having to carry a handful of carts at a time instead of the SD card in their system.

Once again, see ALL of the above. Also, you do remember a thing called the past right? Remember the good old days of Game Boy, Game Gear, GBA, and all pre-3DS eras? Gamer's didn't whine or have a problem carrying around carts back then, so what's exactly different now? Use a better excuse.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#93lunchEATSyouPosted 10/27/2012 5:21:28 PM
The overall shortcomings of the e-shop tend to wear on the 3DS board.
The 3DS has cheap memory, but is gimped by the e-shop and its limitations as far as its lack of titles (both retail and VC) and lack of an account system.
If the e-shop were to improve drasticly ( I think it can) I think the opinion of this board would change.
---
"I knew it! It's a zombie! Miss, it's illegal to be a zombie!"
#94Baha05Posted 10/27/2012 5:43:44 PM
Razieru posted...
Hah, the cynicism. How predictable and lame. You and I both know it's more than that to consider, but I will educate you.

>can trade in/sell physical copies
>there's a thing called collectors in your regards to having everything in a physical copy
>paying the same price for a digital copy yields no advantage when you are paying retail for it, and do comprehend that the physical copy has the upper hand here seeing as how unlike the digital one, the price is NOT set (like with the rip off digital, since there's only one market for digital downloads on that pathetic DLC store Nintendo established) since you can go anywhere and get a physical copy for cheaper

You did know about point number three right? Now you do. Pay real close attention to it. That is the main reason why it is smart to choose physical over digital.

Can you not afford the $5 for a larger SD card than the 2GB one that comes with the system?

If they can or can't, since you care so much, why not buy it for them since it matters so much to you. Also, see above.

Is reselling or buying used that strong of a point to you people?

Yes, and see above. Not everyone is willing to dive in and blindly support such a feeble and mal-nutrition distribution idea from Nintendo with their poor excuse for this digital distribution like you. Maybe when they mature their ideals enough perhaps; but no.

Don't expect EVERYONE to be a drone and go "Gee, Nintendo, take ALL my money. No matter how dumb, feeble, and premature your options, ideals, and software/hardware are, don't polish them up. We are here to blindly support your fallacies so you won't have to critique anything".

I just don't understand why people would choose physical over digital on a handheld system, unless they enjoy having to carry a handful of carts at a time instead of the SD card in their system.

Once again, see ALL of the above. Also, you do remember a thing called the past right? Remember the good old days of Game Boy, Game Gear, GBA, and all pre-3DS eras? Gamer's didn't whine or have a problem carrying around carts back then, so what's exactly different now? Use a better excuse.

My god you can be so damn thick headed sometimes... >__<;;

No matter what the outcome the only, ONLY ways for Nintendo or any company to not see a dime is either really damn illegal or just buying second hand (Which can be either really illegal or the company already got money from the used copy)

And there are advantages over physical that you are glancing over, and yet there are flaws. There are pretty much flaws for both medias, but nope you somehow make the discussing another reason to bash on people and that makes you the scum of the internet.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#95RazieruPosted 10/27/2012 6:15:55 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
The overall shortcomings of the e-shop tend to wear on the 3DS board.

Isn't this the main issue here?

>no account based system - it's 2012, not 1985 anymore Nintendo
>variety in DLC store - the PSN and even their own dead Wii has this in their DLC stores; that, and the fact that the hardware is more than capable of going beyond displaying such trivial software like GB games and the mass amounts of shovelware people seem to praise even more now

The 3DS has cheap memory, but is gimped by the e-shop and its limitations as far as its lack of titles (both retail and VC) and lack of an account system.

Yes, and back to my previous point. Nintendo needs to adamantly up their game, hardware, software, and effort needless to say before being taken seriously trying to do all this stuff others are legendary and more experienced at.

If the e-shop were to improve drasticly ( I think it can) I think the opinion of this board would change.

Yes; IF the E-Shop and Nintendo were to improve drastically, they would be off to a faster start. I'll say that much; but that's a big IF considering who we are talking about here. Nintendo only knows how to take baby steps remember. But then again there's always a chance for everything.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#96parKb5Posted 10/28/2012 3:55:14 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Physical games go on sale and can be sold. You don't lose them with the death of the 3DS.

Yeah, where is Nintendo's Buy 2 get 1 free deal for digital downloads...ooops they don't have them, well, I can get that at Best Buy like every month for physical games.

I'd rather pay $80.00 for three physical games than $120.00 for the same in digital form.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#97parKb5Posted 10/28/2012 3:59:15 AM
Baha05 posted...
packattack posted...
You don't have a manual, a case and the resale ability. Don't kid yourself.

You honestly NEVER have much resale value. Again unless you have a rare game the best you do by selling a game is you get some of your money back, it's not like you are making a profit. The box and manuals? Unless you are a collector these things especialy from games today are WORTHLESS.

Nonsense. I've sold all my used games on eBay and in each instance I've got at the very least, 50% of my money back.

I don't think selling 2 games that you don't play anymore to get one that you want is a bad deal.

You can never do that with digital...ever.
---
#98parKb5Posted 10/28/2012 4:03:41 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Road trip has you in a car, usually with a lot of space. Plenty of room for another 3DS-sized cartridge that holds X amount of games.

Except the DD isn't just an alternative to physical games, some are DD only. I would have to have a GBC, NES and 3DS in the car to play all of these games if DD wasn't an option.

nOOb, I don't think people are talking about the VC at all. I love to be able to download old games that you can't buy anymore. I think we are only talking about the retail 3DS games being sold as digital. That is the only thing I have a problem with anyway.

I love my GB, NES, GBC, GBA games on my 3DS...and I love the games like Denpa Men and Liberation Maiden. I don't think anyone has an issue with small indie games for $10.00 and under, it is only trying to sell digital games for $40.00 when in most instances you can get the physical copy of the same game cheaper.

(sorry for the multiple posts...I'm reading this topic for the first time LOL)
---
#99Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 10/28/2012 4:05:32 AM
In many instances, they're charging the same price regardless of what manner of media you purchase. I like the feeling of tangibly owning a game, rather than taking the time, space, and bandwidth to merely obtain a license to play the game. It also gives me the option to sell my games, if I want.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#100NathanisDrakePosted 10/28/2012 4:15:11 AM
Alucard188 posted...
In many instances, they're charging the same price regardless of what manner of media you purchase. I like the feeling of tangibly owning a game, rather than taking the time, space, and bandwidth to merely obtain a license to play the game. It also gives me the option to sell my games, if I want.

Do me a favour and BAN Razieru for me, please.
---
[=[3ds]=]
[o+[__].::]
+ (+.[VITA].::) = ^_^