---
I Am Female, Canadian, and a Niche Gamer
#62KGTriggerPosted 10/30/2012 7:59:09 AM
This is going to be great, holy crap.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#63TaaronPosted 10/30/2012 8:00:27 AM
Though I am both happy and sad by this. Though I have been wanting to play DQ7 on a portable system, I am a bit disappointed it is a remake rather than a port of the original PS1 game.

Though did they ever release the DQ7 as a PSOne classic and did it ever make it to the VITA? If this is true then im fine with this.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#64KaelAltreulPosted 10/30/2012 8:01:41 AM
They have not.
---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#65TiaelPosted 10/30/2012 8:04:39 AM
DQ is one of those series I think transitions extremely well to 3D.
DQV PS2, Terry's Wonderland 3D, this.
From the scan, it looks to be very faithful to the original game, just expanded.

And a new translation (say what you want, but I loved the DS DQ translations), and other assorted extras, plus portability makes this a no brainer if it releases here.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#66KaelAltreulPosted 10/30/2012 8:06:19 AM
Tiael posted...
DQ is one of those series I think transitions extremely well to 3D.
DQV PS2, Terry's Wonderland 3D, this.
From the scan, it looks to be very faithful to the original game, just expanded.

And a new translation (say what you want, but I loved the DS DQ translations), and other assorted extras, plus portability makes this a no brainer if it releases here.

I reeaallllyy want a USA release of that DQM remake. I love that game so much. :*(
---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
#67jessica73Posted 10/30/2012 8:07:26 AM
Yeah, feb/mar are going to be nuts on Media Create o_o
I had like 80 hours at the end of the first disc in DQ7... I remember I thought the final boss was the final boss... then I remembered I was still on disc 1! Definitely going to buy this version too, I've been hoping they would go ahead and confirm it, lol.

Great_Aether posted...
I can die happy now. ::wipes tear::

i hope you after this game comes out lol

lol I was thinking that, his ghost would be sitting there like "well, f***"
---
OUR THE Florida Gators
lol UGA
#68HurricaneManningPosted 10/30/2012 8:09:31 AM
Worst part of the DQ DS translations was the accents that everyone got in DQIV. I loved the game but the accents sometimes made it tough to read what people were saying.

That said, this is the only DQ game I never played since I never owned a PS1. Really hoping this makes it over here.
---
Suck for Luck watch: SUCCESS
BOILER UP!
#69TiaelPosted 10/30/2012 8:11:30 AM
HurricaneManning posted...
Worst part of the DQ DS translations was the accents that everyone got in DQIV. I loved the game but the accents sometimes made it tough to read what people were saying.

That said, this is the only DQ game I never played since I never owned a PS1. Really hoping this makes it over here.

I liked that, even the broken Russian from Alena's Chapter.
Added some flavor to each of the areas.
My main problem with DQIV DS was them not translating party chat and cutting it..

Anyways, in celebration of this announcement I am listening to the DQVII Symphonic Suite.
DQVII definitely has one of my favorite RPG soundtracks.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#70KaelAltreulPosted 10/30/2012 8:14:57 AM
Tiael posted...
HurricaneManning posted...

I liked that, even the broken Russian from Alena's Chapter.
Added some flavor to each of the areas.
My main problem with DQIV DS was them not translating party chat and cutting it..

Anyways, in celebration of this announcement I am listening to the DQVII Symphonic Suite.
DQVII definitely has one of my favorite RPG soundtracks.

Agreed. Those accents were awesome and I want more of it. Also agreed on party chat.
---