DRAGON QUEST VII coming to 3DS

#71SMASHKING84Posted 10/30/2012 9:15:21 AM
Tiael posted...
Makes me want to pop in my PS1 version of DQVII and get all the immigrant town forms and finish my Monster Park.
But I won't considering the remake.

Though, some discussion on it, makes me wonder how they'll change some things.
I have a feeling they make make the Immigrant Town more reliant on street pass, or at least an option as opposed to finding NPC's around the world.

i hope they use spot pass because street pass is useless if you don't live in a metropolitan area. seriously every 3ds game that uses street pass should at the very least let you use spot pass for the same thing.

it's really annoying that i get left out because i'm litterally the only person in my town with a 3ds[which is weird considering my town has at least 10,000 people in it] and i'm sure i'm the only person with problems like this.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4T-0byFY9w
#72leeko_linkPosted 10/30/2012 9:15:33 AM
Best news ever, Dragon Quest VII was one of those RPGs where I simply can't stop playing. Now all we need is this and Terry's Wonderland 3D localize for NA. Hopefully Dragon Quest X and Dragon Quest VIII comes next.
#73toadiemanPosted 10/30/2012 9:17:41 AM(edited)
Day 1 buy even though I have the PS1 version.
---
PSN: toadieman
#74jessica73Posted 10/30/2012 9:18:37 AM
DQ8 collection on WiiU with 8+the Yangus game we never got = all my money
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/dragonknight337/Cat_slide_treadmill.gif
#75Gold SlimePosted 10/30/2012 9:22:47 AM
If this makes it over here I'll be pre-ordering it the first day pre-orders are being taken.
---
Slinky + Escalator = Endless Fun
#76TiaelPosted 10/30/2012 9:24:46 AM
KaelAltreul posted...
Tiael posted...
HurricaneManning posted...
Worst part of the DQ DS translations was the accents that everyone got in DQIV. I loved the game but the accents sometimes made it tough to read what people were saying.

That said, this is the only DQ game I never played since I never owned a PS1. Really hoping this makes it over here.

I liked that, even the broken Russian from Alena's Chapter.
Added some flavor to each of the areas.
My main problem with DQIV DS was them not translating party chat and cutting it..

Anyways, in celebration of this announcement I am listening to the DQVII Symphonic Suite.
DQVII definitely has one of my favorite RPG soundtracks.

Agreed. Those accents were awesome and I want more of it. Also agreed on party chat.

Torneko's was my favorite Chapter, I loved running the shop.
And getting the Cautery Sword :D
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#77KaelAltreulPosted 10/30/2012 9:26:06 AM
Tiael posted...
KaelAltreul posted...
Tiael posted...
HurricaneManning posted...
Worst part of the DQ DS translations was the accents that everyone got in DQIV. I loved the game but the accents sometimes made it tough to read what people were saying.

That said, this is the only DQ game I never played since I never owned a PS1. Really hoping this makes it over here.

I liked that, even the broken Russian from Alena's Chapter.
Added some flavor to each of the areas.
My main problem with DQIV DS was them not translating party chat and cutting it..

Anyways, in celebration of this announcement I am listening to the DQVII Symphonic Suite.
DQVII definitely has one of my favorite RPG soundtracks.

Agreed. Those accents were awesome and I want more of it. Also agreed on party chat.

Torneko's was my favorite Chapter, I loved running the shop.
And getting the Cautery Sword :D

I was just discussing that with my friend the other day and said the exact same thing.
---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#78TiaelPosted 10/30/2012 9:27:55 AM
Now I'm on a kick to play the series again (well, aside from VII.. and IX as only one save slot, and I'm working on revocating and grottoes)

Would have to order a GBA, copies of DQI-II and DQIII GBC though.
Wish we saw the Wii Anniversary Edition released here.
---
#79KaelAltreulPosted 10/30/2012 9:30:32 AM(edited)
Tiael posted...
Now I'm on a kick to play the series again (well, aside from VII.. and IX as only one save slot, and I'm working on revocating and grottoes)

Would have to order a GBA, copies of DQI-II and DQIII GBC though.
Wish we saw the Wii Anniversary Edition released here.

My friend, KupoTime, is replaying DQ9 right now. I recently found my GBA SP Retro Edition and once my replacement charger comes in mail I ordered online I am going to play DQ3 GBC and Pokemon Leaf Green.

JUST BECAUSE I CAN.

Just realized I also have my copy of DQM2: Tara here with me as well.

---
'Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.' -Edward D. Morrison
Kael Altreul - AIM/Xbox Live/PSN | 1246-8800-9585 - 3DS FC
#80TiaelPosted 10/30/2012 9:31:47 AM
Nice.

I'd much rather play the SNES remakes of DQI-III though.
Maybe I'll find another method to play them.
---