Why can't GameFreak make Missingno or M an Official Pokemon already?

#31_Izanagi_Posted 11/8/2012 2:01:59 AM
I didn't play Black and White yet, nor have I watched the anime yet, so I don't know what Victini is. But with a name like that, I expected it to look something like that. >_>
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#32n00bsaib0tPosted 11/8/2012 2:21:53 AM
why would it destroy nostalgia?

Ermac and Rain were just rumors, sometimes glitches (well people say that) and mysteries. Later in the franchise they became playable characters. Now one wants them gone.

The same would apply to Missingno.

Not 100% equatable as Ermac was confirmed by Ed Boon to have never existed before showing up in UMK3 and Rain was confirmed to have only been in the intro to UMK3 arcade to get people to shovel quarters in the machine trying to find him before he popped up in the SNES and Genesis versions of UMK3.

But your premise is correct. If done right, Missingno would be an easy way to please fans by playing off of nostalgia.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#33IHeartMetroidPosted 11/8/2012 2:40:27 AM
Even if by some stretch of the imagination they WANTED to, bear in mind that MissingNo is a glitch that damages game data. By endorsing it, the creators would be opening themselves up for the potential to be sued.

Today's litigious society would almost certainly guarantee that it could happen.
#34n00bsaib0tPosted 11/8/2012 2:54:48 AM
Even if by some stretch of the imagination they WANTED to, bear in mind that MissingNo is a glitch that damages game data. By endorsing it, the creators would be opening themselves up for the potential to be sued.

Today's litigious society would almost certainly guarantee that it could happen.

If they make it an actual pokemon with proper code, Missingno wouldn't be a glitch and wouldn't corrupt data, just like every other actual pokemon.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#35IHeartMetroidPosted 11/8/2012 2:58:49 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

If they make it an actual pokemon with proper code, Missingno wouldn't be a glitch and wouldn't corrupt data, just like every other actual pokemon.

It doesn't matter- the earlier games would still be out there, ready to corrupt data on a whim. And, just like the woman who pours coffee on herself to get money, someone would get one of them, shout "SEE! Look what Nintendo is responsible for!" and lawyer up.

Our society is just that way.
#36n00bsaib0tPosted 11/8/2012 3:02:38 AM
"Hi, I would like to hire you to help me sue Nintendo for a glitch people have known about for 14 years in a 14 year old game that corrupts save data, also 9/10 carts cant even save anyway because the battery is dead".

Yeah, I'm sure the lawyers will be all over it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#37IHeartMetroidPosted 11/8/2012 3:04:49 AM
"Yeah, I'm sure the lawyers will be all over it."

If Nintendo started endorsing it, hell yeah they will. Doesn't matter if it's fourteen years or sixteen years- if it's culpability, the potential for damages exist.
#38LOGlCPosted 11/8/2012 6:02:52 AM
_Izanagi_ posted...
What in the 12th circle of hell is a Victini?

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/494.shtml
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
#39TaaronPosted 11/8/2012 6:19:26 AM
If MISSINGNO ever became and official pokemon, imagine it's title will be the mosaic pokemon
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#40IHeartMetroidPosted 11/8/2012 6:34:18 AM
Taaron posted...
If MISSINGNO ever became and official pokemon, imagine it's title will be the mosaic pokemon

The Missing No

The Missing "No"- little lost legendary mosaic Pokemon. The race of "no" Pokemon (pronounced as 'noh') are a xenophobic, skittish and rarely seen group, declared by some trainers not even to exist. This group is largely invisible, save for a multicolored rug they wrap themselves in for protection, decoration and to show one's status.
One Pokemon -a particularly mischievous one that often caused trouble in the hidden No village- dared to leave home and became stranded. Unwilling or unable to rescue him, the rest of the No simply sighed and chalked it up to bad luck.
This is how Ash came across "The Missing No". To take him along meant more than just acquiring a new companion, for this little creature is a trickster beyond compare. When Ash isn't looking, he'll find his saves garbled in a flash, or the very Pokemon he's facing suddenly changed into strange, otherwordly creatures.

If Ash dares to bring the Missing No back to his village, however, they might just reward him beyond his widest dreams...