Time to Waste. Answer Me This: Which Is Lazier - NSMB 2 or a Port?

#1RazieruPosted 11/1/2012 10:48:08 AM
I'm going with the former here for obvious reasons.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#2Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 10:49:10 AM
Depends on the port, straight ports are pretty much the definition of laziness.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#3brStalkerPosted 11/1/2012 10:51:39 AM
That depends. NSMB2 may be lazier in terms of originality, but it is a well-made game.

Ports are usually lazier, IMO. With some cases blatantly showing it, like MGS3D.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#4Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 10:52:25 AM
The coin gimmick/lure has to be the biggest scam to sucker people into buying NSMB DS 1.5....I think I enjoyed coin usage much more in a Wario game. Oh, wait....
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#5Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 10:55:43 AM(edited)
brStalker posted...
That depends. NSMB2 may be lazier in terms of originality, but it is a well-made game.

Ports are usually lazier, IMO. With some cases blatantly showing it, like MGS3D.

Which is preety damn true, it may have lacked originality but they did make it from scratch.

Ports in their true sense are often not even touched on, then it kinda tiers up from just a port to a remake.

Razieru posted...
The coin gimmick/lure has to be the biggest scam to sucker people into buying NSMB DS 1.5....I think I enjoyed coin usage much more in a Wario game. Oh, wait....

While the gimmick did suck that was something you could ignore, it wouldn't be the first time a gimmick of a game was poorly used, just look at the first, maybe second Borderlands.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#6Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 10:55:13 AM
brStalker posted...

Well made? You mean the game that reuses and slightly remixes the music from the first game? Or the game that has the same remedial platforming and two less worlds than your average lazy Mario game? I could go on, but I don't have nearly that much room in my post.

Meh. Remakes are worse. They add only one or two new things not present in the original version, and people eat it up like it's an entirely fresh and unique product.
---
#7Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 10:57:53 AM
I love how even making his own topic, Razieru makes really bad and honestly stupid points
---
#8stargazer64Posted 11/1/2012 11:00:39 AM
Baha05 posted...
I love how even making his own topic, Razieru makes really bad and honestly stupid points

He does it to get a rise out of people. No one can honestly be that....challenged.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#9Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 11:02:10 AM
I see finger waving from the mods hasn't taught you anything about trolling. But you can try and contribute to the topic; since you ar\nd your friend are not surprisingly here.
---
#10Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 11:02:24 AM
stargazer64 posted...
He does it to get a rise out of people. No one can honestly be that....challenged.

Well he seems to not know what a remake in gaming is. And you know the sad thing? Outside Endgame I can see maybe one or two agreeing with him.
---