Time to Waste. Answer Me This: Which Is Lazier - NSMB 2 or a Port?

#21themegaman7Posted 11/1/2012 12:11:20 PM
Baha05 posted...
themegaman7 posted...
The 3DS ports are lazier because they add nothing new to the game. At least with NSMB2 they did have to make new level layouts.

Well outside Starfox and some other gaes most of the ports did add some things.

Well Devil Survivor Overclocked added enough to make it worthwhile, but the other ports I know of - Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 add nothing.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#22Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 12:11:24 PM
stargazer64 posted...
He's talking about me. Apparently he's stalking me now and marking all of my posts. It's pretty sad.

Nah, you make it easy with the drivel you spew. Blame yourself for that, fella.

On topic, I believe that making a port is lazier than making NSMB2. For all of its similarities to the other NSMB games I quite enjoy NSMB2 and its level design.

Similarities, rehashes what is the difference? You make it sound like new and honest effort.
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#23Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 12:12:18 PM
themegaman7 posted...
Well Devil Survivor Overclocked added enough to make it worthwhile, but the other ports I know of - Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 add nothing.

Boss Mode and Master Quest (Which isn't really new but for a retail version of OoT is)
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#24Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 12:12:29 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
Razieru posted...
The coin gimmick/lure has to be the biggest scam to sucker people into buying NSMB DS 1.5....I think I enjoyed coin usage much more in a Wario game. Oh, wait....

Most people bought NSMB2 BECAUSE it was NSMB DS 1.5.

Isn't that sad?
---
Fanboys, especially Nintendo fanboys, are what's horribly WRONG with the video game industry.
#25EndgamePosted 11/1/2012 12:13:05 PM
Meh. Remakes are worse. They add only one or two new things not present in the original version, and people eat it up like it's an entirely fresh and unique product.

not all remakes are that lazy

SM64DS for example, added 30 more Stars, bringing the total up from 120 to 150

compare to, say, OoT 3D, which added..... new textures
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#26Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 12:14:52 PM
Endgame posted...
compare to, say, OoT 3D, which added..... new textures

Boss Mode, Master Quest, improved handling.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#27Sol_ClydePosted 11/1/2012 12:17:52 PM(edited)
Razieru posted...
Sol_Clyde posted...
Razieru posted...
The coin gimmick/lure has to be the biggest scam to sucker people into buying NSMB DS 1.5....I think I enjoyed coin usage much more in a Wario game. Oh, wait....

Most people bought NSMB2 BECAUSE it was NSMB DS 1.5.

Isn't that sad?

No?
The premise of NSMB is exactly that. 'Rehashing' as you word it.
The main reason why the first one was even made was because there were millions of people who wanted to play more Mario games akin to the old Mario Bros and not things like Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy.
You might as well as ignore it if you expect that to change.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#28Baha05Posted 11/1/2012 12:17:32 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
No?
The premise of NSMB is exactly that. 'Rehashing' as you word it. You might as well as ignore it if you expect that to change.

Hell a lot of games are pretty much rehashing as it is.
---
#29themegaman7Posted 11/1/2012 12:18:06 PM
Baha05 posted...
themegaman7 posted...

Boss Mode and Master Quest (Which isn't really new but for a retail version of OoT is)

I suppose the 3DS Master Quest mirroring the game unlike other versions is slightly interesting, but Master Quest by itself isn't new and boss mode isn't really anything new either you're just given the option to fight the same exact bosses again without replaying the game or leaving a save before the boss.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#30Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 12:19:44 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
No?
The premise of NSMB is exactly that. 'Rehashing' as you word it. You might as well as ignore it if you expect that to change.

The premise of any game isn't the same as people accept it to be. Every new game, especially a sequel, should add something new and relevant to the table. The fact that the standardless masses have accepted Mario to be the same crap is the reason why it is; since they are evidently promoting Nintendo to keep up the same old lame crap they've been doing for almost 30 years with that stale franchise.
---