Anyone on this board play solatorobo: red the hunter?

#31DarkHeroRavenPosted 11/3/2012 2:37:46 PM
It was good, with a great story and cast, and while the gameplay was certainly fun, it could've been better.
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#3221_21Posted 11/3/2012 3:14:29 PM
BatenKait0s posted...
I tried 1 and played for only an hour. It's an entirely different experience than I'm used to, but I enjoyed what I played. I will get back into it ASAP because the plot felt like it was about to really take off.

Don't sweat it. It's as you said. Each game isn't meant for everyone. If you feel the game's not for you, then don't pressure yourself any further. After all, it's a mecha game, so it's a very niche fandom. Although I probably don't even have to tell you this.

But yeah, if you do end up liking it and continue, I promise you that the sequel is infinitely better when you reach it.
---
Currently playing:
Cave Story, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Pokemon White 2
#33McMarblesPosted 11/3/2012 4:20:55 PM
It's one of the most charming games I've played in years that didn't have "Layton" in the title.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#34Lost_Seraph09Posted 11/3/2012 5:37:48 PM
I should really play this game. I loved it's prequel, Tail Concerto, when I was kid.
#35BatenKait0sPosted 11/3/2012 6:45:42 PM
Lost_Seraph09 posted...
I should really play this game. I loved it's prequel, Tail Concerto, when I was kid.

I wish I played that when I had the chance. A copy on EBay is too pricey for me to want to snag at this point.
---
Currently playing: Nightsky (3DS) , Inazuma Eleven, Pokemon: SoulSilver (DS)
[[Dear CyberConnect2, kindly make us a Solatorobo 2.]]
#36robomasteralphaPosted 11/3/2012 10:52:30 PM
BatenKait0s posted...
Lost_Seraph09 posted...

I wish I played that when I had the chance. A copy on EBay is too pricey for me to want to snag at this point.

I got lucky when I bought mine five or so years back. The buy it now price was $5, factory sealed.
---
Shop smart. Shop Mario Mart.
#37Northern_RosePosted 11/4/2012 1:45:41 AM
I really enjoyed it but calling it an RPG is a bit of a stretch, its more of an Action/Adventure. There characters were the best part of the game they were great but the french voice overs took some getting used to.

I do wish the combat was better. Pick up, throw, repeat gets boring kinda fast.

The customization could have been a little better and more options.

And the controls for the flying mini game could be A LOT better god that was so frustrating. I would get a time of 4:30, get the best time but, finish last place so my time never got recorded. I had to do it over again (without an option to restart or start again) The next race I finished in first place with a time of 5:20, time sucked so bad so it didnt set or break any records but I passed the level. Almost a full minuet slower and I got 1st place, but the race before I came in dead last despite being almost a minuet faster. Ya that makes sense.

I loved the DLC quests that are just part of the game in NA and not actually DLC, but they gave so much more character development. Though I wish the story between 2 characters would have........had a better or true ending.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be, than me." ~ Bad-Anon