Is anyone else like me and never really beat games? I get bored...

#21ZeusPosted 11/2/2012 7:46:42 PM
I beat most games I buy and start playing, although I don't necessarily 100% everything. There are occasional exceptions, though.
---
(\/)agic (\/)ush |-|yren
#22AkaneJonesPosted 11/2/2012 8:01:45 PM
No not the real way you are thinking. I've gotten distracted, and some types are more prone to not finish. There are the dread old NES curse where I never beat the the game because.... you try beating Ghost & Goblins. I'm not going to say which games I've not beaten.

Oh Kei fine there was that last boss on Ys4 Mask of the Sun, but I assure you I beat Brandish. Well not it's sequel because, what the hell were you supposed to do to make the Armor, Shield and Sword Bosses not be invincible. I only figured out one of them, damn I bet if my Japanese was better it wouldn't even be a question.

Oh right, ah haha Maybe I should take the time to kick the final bosses ass in Final Fantasy 3 DS, I had the level from all that class grinding. Oh and the stupid Master Quest distracting me from the final boss in Skies of Arcadia, then that one rotten discovery near the arctic. I should stop doing that, my play-through of Castlevania:AoS, last year, was ruined at the end by trying to get 9 of every soul before the true ending(and unlike DoS it does nothing).
#23The_DeskPosted 11/2/2012 8:16:05 PM
AAngelEyes posted...
pomebear posted...
Eh. I do it too, but I eventually get back to the games.

I try to get back into the games. But I forget what I was doing in the game.

This, and then I tend to restart. Depending on length of game it can take me many restarts to finally beat it. ff vii I'm at 6 tries and just beat first disk.
#24keyblade_lordPosted 11/2/2012 8:21:40 PM
My sister always gets to the part right before the final battle and then just never plays the game again. Like, how do you get that close to the end and just stop? I always finish games, although I juggle and end up playing like 6 different games at once so it takes me a while to finish them.
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam and Gamertag: Joseponypants
#25LloydIrving84Posted 11/2/2012 8:28:42 PM
My backlog has been getting pretty big lately. Mainly because I have been getting a bunch of games and am having less and less time to play them.
#26ZodiacKillerJrPosted 11/2/2012 8:47:53 PM
Maybe you need to move up from kiddie games and do something with a real story line and something that is designed by a decent company. Any of these new games are total garbage that are 90% wash-rinse-repeat style game play. (Ie. COD, HALO, Every Mario Game, StreetFighter, Final Fantasy, ect.)

Try older games, they generally have a bit more depth that will keep you engaged. They actually CAN'T rely on their graphics to carry their game (Like all modern games), old games actually have to have good gameplay to be considered good.

Or instead of playing the games, try being a map maker or a mod developer or something! If you love games but can't see to stay interested in them... then make one you'd want to stay interested in!
#27Carbuncle009Posted 11/2/2012 8:55:49 PM
keyblade_lord posted...
My sister always gets to the part right before the final battle and then just never plays the game again. Like, how do you get that close to the end and just stop? I always finish games, although I juggle and end up playing like 6 different games at once so it takes me a while to finish them.

My sis was that way with the original KH. She beat Hollow Bastion and thought she had to kill the secret bosses to progress.
/]_-

My sisters are ALWAYS like that with games. They never get the ending.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 3 No: 2 Maybe: 2
If all bronies are shipping freaks, then all KH fans are Yaoi Fans and all CoD fans are 12 year-olds.
#28MetalLokiPosted 11/2/2012 9:11:41 PM
abbyhitter posted...
MetalLoki posted...
You should most likely stop playing games then.

This.

Yeah like why buy something you're not gonna finish? I always beat every game I buy and don't even buy a new game till I finish the one I got before it.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Official Cookies 'n Cream/Tsundere fan of the IDF/NDF
#29Northern_RosePosted 11/2/2012 9:49:13 PM
I do it too but with me its sorta different. Its not that I don't like the game I'm playing or even bored of it. Its that I look at my other games and want to play them too. Sadly by the time I get back to a game I have long forgotten where I am and what I was doing in it last and need to start over. Thus the cycle repeats.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be, than me." ~ Bad-Anon
#30WebsandWigsPosted 11/2/2012 10:55:08 PM
Maybe you should find a new hobby