Anybody here still loving their original 3DS?

#21robulastagePosted 11/4/2012 2:09:51 AM
mralspsp posted...
I have fallen out of love with my small purple 3DS. :( Might be selling it soon.

I have a blue XL and just can't go back to the small original size.

Weird, because I was just thinking of buying one. I love the purple 3DS so much. It should have been a launch color!
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#22chaos_controlrPosted 11/4/2012 2:30:40 AM
Im really starting to hate it actually. Playing mario kart 7 is really hurting my hands. I dont know its just a really cramped design. Lucky ambassador 3ds's are selling really well on ebay, so with that, 4 swords and excite bike installed already and the 16gb sd card i have in there i can pretty much just fund a new 3ds xl with the money. Might wait for a good bundle to come out.
#23Snazzy21Posted 11/4/2012 2:31:06 AM
I have no intention of getting an XL. I have the Zelda limited edition 3DS
#24OnikyuubiPosted 11/4/2012 2:57:39 AM(edited)
chaos_controlr posted...
Im really starting to hate it actually. Playing mario kart 7 is really hurting my hands.

Comfort grips for the XL are starting to hit the market now, this one was released several weeks ago.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-kyag-71-18g-84-j-70-5d6f.html

My hands actually hurt less with the XL than the original, I had a grip for the original which made it playable for long periods. Now with the XL I can go the whole battery life without feeling any fatigue in my hands with this grip.

Back on topic, I'm planning to give my original 3DS to my sister, so I was browsing the eShop getting some games she might like. And I have to say that it's really impossible for me to go back to the original now, the bigger screen alone can hold up against it, not to mention the better comfort from the bigger size (I do have big hands :()

And regarding "portability", I can fit a 7" tablet (WITH its fat leather case) in my jeans pockets, I don't see how a 3DS XL would be any bother in that regard over the original >.>;

EDIT
Ah, you were talking about the original, sorry, I need sleep :(
But still, my point stands with grips helping with long term comfort, for both the original and the XL.

---
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-28-change_language-83-kyag.html
#25n00bsaib0tPosted 11/4/2012 2:45:27 AM
Im really starting to hate it actually. Playing mario kart 7 is really hurting my hands. I dont know its just a really cramped design. Lucky ambassador 3ds's are selling really well on ebay, so with that, 4 swords and excite bike installed already and the 16gb sd card i have in there i can pretty much just fund a new 3ds xl with the money. Might wait for a good bundle to come out.

Can't you system transfer the ambassador titles? If its hurting your hands, I would buy an XL and transfer everything then just sell the 3DS. It would be worth the loss IMO.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#26AnclationPosted 11/4/2012 2:59:20 AM
I still love my beautiful Aqua Blue 3DS.
#27De_Blob_XPosted 11/4/2012 3:11:23 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
I prefer the og model because I like my handhelds to stay portable.

Oh look, another kid that doesn't have the slightest clue what portable actually means.

Oh look,another kid who has XL and is jelly because original 3DS is more portable.

n00bsaib0t, i agree with darkus and your arguement is invalid!
P.S I bet he is older than you so you do not call him a kid.
---
Consoles I own: | PS1 | PS2 | PSP | PS3 | Wii | 3DS |
3DS FC: 2148-9559-6439 MadHouse
#28robulastagePosted 11/4/2012 3:16:41 AM
Just going to leave this here...

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=portable&o=0&l=dir
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#29chaos_controlrPosted 11/4/2012 3:19:20 AM
i beat the games i wanted too (fire emblem and super mario bros in one sitting). Not really interested in the rest so i dont mind leaving them on there. It boosts the value a fair bit.
#30MarikoNumber35Posted 11/4/2012 3:27:21 AM
bought xl and hated and it felt cheap compared to my old one.
So I returned it and kept my older model :D
---
"You're a liar!"
-Lucy / Nyu / Queen Diclonius-