Anybody here still loving their original 3DS?

#61xXDeadWulfXxPosted 11/4/2012 9:51:01 AM
I'm loving my original 3DS but I'm selling it to get an XL. Would love to play games on a bigger screen, plus my original 3DS doesn't look so well. Got two scratches caused by the touch screens border that Nintendo won't fix again even though they failed to prevent the issue, and it's a fingerprint magnet. Still love it though.
---
3DS FC: 2750-1309-7613 PSN: Shibuya_Reaper
Currently playing: Okami HD, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, and Portal 2.
#6221_21Posted 11/4/2012 9:51:07 AM
desert_santa posted...
haven't upgraded

i played the XL and the larger screen is beautiful, but it feels too heavy for me to play on the go

guess i'll wait for the 3DS lite(if there is one)

How does it feel heavier? I own the regular and also tried the XL and it didn't feel heavier to me. At least, not significantly. It's like your hands are weighting scales or something.
---
Currently playing:
Cave Story, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Pokemon White 2
#63desert_santaPosted 11/4/2012 9:56:16 AM
21_21 posted...
desert_santa posted...
haven't upgraded

i played the XL and the larger screen is beautiful, but it feels too heavy for me to play on the go

guess i'll wait for the 3DS lite(if there is one)

How does it feel heavier? I own the regular and also tried the XL and it didn't feel heavier to me. At least, not significantly. It's like your hands are weighting scales or something.

it's over a hundred grams heavier(about 50% more than the original 3DS)

as someone who holds the handheld with one hand while on the train to play it makes a big difference

while i do prefer the XL model overall i would not trade in my old one for it, unless i never carry the 3DS outside ever again
#64RED_LINK1Posted 11/4/2012 10:27:51 AM
I'm just holding on to my original one until a limited edition XL is announced. America has gotten the shaft on these it seems..
#65Xevnest24Posted 11/4/2012 10:33:25 AM
I am. Pre-Ordered and paid full price for my Aqua Blue model on launch day.
Sure there were no games for it at first, but eventually, with releases like Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, the eshop and such, (not to mention the nice ambassador titles and Four Swords) it slowly became worth it.
Mario Kart 7 in particular is wonderful. It never gets old.
My only complaints with the original 3DS system are the battery life and the fact that like the DS systems before it, it isn't very comfortable. My hands cramp after a while trying to hold onto a small rectangle.
#66Shadow-AngelPosted 11/4/2012 10:43:21 AM
Until the XL gets a COOL SPECIAL/LIMITED EDITION that actually comes out here, I'll stick to my Zelda 3DS, so yes.
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#67zachammerPosted 11/4/2012 10:43:30 AM
Have you guys actually tried putting an XL in your pocket, or are you all wearing Bratz brand jeans? Mine fits in my pocket perfectly and doesn't weigh me down at all. On topic, I couldn't use the OG 3ds' smaller touch screen for ****, and the lone ability to use my fingers instead of the stylus won me over. The bigger upper screen is a nice bonus as well.

Either way, just enjoy the fact you have an awesome handheld regardless of size. 3ds is beast.
---
There's no sense in prayin' to he who is slavin' you.
#68Kyubi_RickySSJ2Posted 11/4/2012 10:54:43 AM
I have both the original and XL but I still use the original. I just prefer it and it's non yellow screen. XL is more comfortable though.
#69Oskar_Kokoshka9Posted 11/4/2012 11:11:37 AM
I have a Midnight Purple 3DS. I like it. My roommate loves it.
---
PSN: Oskar_Kokoshka99
#70confettistormPosted 11/4/2012 11:42:29 AM(edited)
I enjoy my sharper pixels.

It trumps all the advantages that the 3DS XL provides combined.

Just like the Gameboy player for the Gamecube. Larger screen + same resolution = eye cancer.