Would you buy 3DS if it had not 3D?

#31TrinergyPosted 11/4/2012 6:22:32 AM
I would still get it.
#32DarkIVloonPosted 11/4/2012 6:41:56 AM(edited)
No

edit: i never bought a DS before this. I was happy with my gbaSP and always will be. It has better games and can play original GB. More arcade style games means more twitch gaming that i prefer rather then open world environments where it takes 30 hours of getting your hand held to finally beat a game.

I didnt even buy the 3DS, it was given to me when my Wife upgraded to her 3DSXL still though, it is a neat system and I am mostly just looking forward to classic games in 3D.

---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#33blackwaltz3Posted 11/4/2012 6:45:04 AM
Yes, I rarely play with the 3D, I would much rather that functionality not be there
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#34NewbieN00bPosted 11/4/2012 6:45:45 AM
Definitely. Though 3D is a cute bonus, I could live without it.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#35AwesomeOSaucePosted 11/4/2012 6:47:45 AM
Everyone seems to have forgotten that not having 3D enabled makes the colors look meh on the 3ds.

Have fun having a 2d 3ds with plain ugly looking colors...
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#36BigAl519Posted 11/4/2012 7:12:02 AM
Yes, the 3D is headache inducing garbage and should have been replaced by a proper second stick!
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#37TheRealItachiPosted 11/4/2012 8:41:36 AM
FiendingHard posted...
I bought a 3DS for the games.

This. The 3D part is completely irrelevant to me.I have never once used it.
---
TheRealItachi is better than me in every way possible. - TheLevelFifty
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/ItachiSign.jpg
#38Shadow-AngelPosted 11/4/2012 9:55:59 AM(edited)
Yes, I would buy it without 3D. Hell I would have bought it sooner if it came without it. I mean the 3D is cool and all but if they didn't focus so much on the 3D and focused more on adding other features, and upgrading the features that were already present and if they didn't jack up the price because they tried to sell me on the feature I cared the least about, I would have gotten it at launch.
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#39servant_saber28Posted 11/4/2012 10:15:39 AM
I didn't buy it for the 3D. That was simply extra. So yes.
---
"They're grill virgins. But by the time this day is over, they'll have been taken by the grill and tenderly shown the ways of flavorful meat love"
#40n00bsaib0tPosted 11/4/2012 10:23:34 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
3D is just a bad gimmick.It's only cool in any game for about a minute.

Most gimmicks don't stick around this long.

The gimmick is only still around because it's built into the 3DS. Hardly anyone actually uses the 3D.

ITP- Only the 3DS uses 3D effects.

ITP- noob misunderstands something.

I think you're the one misunderstanding. I quoted someone that isn't you saying 3D is a bad gimmick saying that gimmicks don't stick around this long. You jumped in adding that its only still here because its built into the 3DS, and I posted out that more than the 3DS use 3D. If 3D was a gimmick it would have disappeared before the 3DS came out. 3D is here to stay, its the new HD. People just need to accept that.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile