Paper Mario or Halo 4?

#81BrianCraigSmithPosted 11/6/2012 8:33:45 PM
plasmatic5 posted...
I have 2 jobs and have the money to get both, but I'm also getting the WiiU and don't want to spend that much money. Saving money can be a good thing too...especially with Christmas right around the corner.

Wasn't trying to offend BTW...you're in the same boat I'm in as I HAVE NO IDEA what to get for myself for either my birthday (Dec. 15th) or Christmas. I want a:

PSP Go: Had a PSP 1000 but the slider switch to turn it on broke. Miss playing Def Jam and Liberty City Stories.

3DS XL: Had a DSi XL but the top screen broke when it fell on a tile floor. Miss playing TWEWY, Chinatown Wars, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. Did NOT want to backtrack on size for the latest system because of some fad (3D).

PS Vita: Surely some great games will come out, right? I already have PS3 versions of Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Wii U: Looks very promising and very intriguing. The HD is just a bonus for me since I have an HDTV, and have always wondered how Mario would look in HD. Plus the next Smash Bros game is something I CAN'T afford to miss.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
#82kreegan64Posted 11/9/2012 7:15:05 PM
Whichever best suites your situation
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#83emagdnEPosted 11/9/2012 7:33:10 PM
do you want a game that sticks to a tried or true formula, or a game that is change for the sake of change?

personally, I'd go with neither
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#84Virtue777Posted 11/9/2012 7:35:21 PM
What are you looking for in a game?

Paper Mario Sticker Star changes the formula up a lot...to a fault apparently, according to many fans on this board as well as professional game reviewers.

Halo 4 does actually change the formula up a bit, despite what the misinformed will tell you on this board. I'm normally pretty cynical when it comes to any FPS franchise, but Halo 4 is legitimately a really good game. Both the campaign and the multiplayer do a lot of things to differentiate the game from its competition and predecessors, but it's still definitively Halo at its core. It's not the kind of game that'll convert someone into an FPS fan, but if you love Halo and you love shooters, you have to give Halo 4 a shot. It's a wonderful experience.

If you're like me and care most about the multiplayer, I'd say Halo 4 can be described as: "Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Halo had a baby." It's more accessible now, just like the CoD franchise. It has a ranking system, and even has perks. But it's still got all the great stuff that makes Halo unique. Cool vehicles, including a new one that looks and plays like a mech. Awesome improvements/modifications to multiplayer modes like Slayer and Zombies, now called Regicide and Flood respectively.