A 3DS Super Smash Bros. just feels like a waste of time

#1XevenPosted 11/6/2012 4:00:56 PM
Unless it has some kind of novelty, like it being 2D with sprites instead of 2.5D. Now that I'd go for, but that won't happen. :/
---
http://coolzomb.sitesled.com/
#2Baha05Posted 11/6/2012 4:01:30 PM
Ummm why?
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#3Catcher_FreemanPosted 11/6/2012 4:02:27 PM
Sakurai said the 3DS version will be focused on character customization.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#4GenoPosted 11/6/2012 4:07:44 PM
Catcher_Freeman posted...

Which you can then, apparently, port over to the Wii U version. I'm sure there'll be some kind of gimmick to the 3DS version, I wouldn't worry too much.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#5Rurouni720Posted 11/6/2012 4:08:53 PM

Thats a feature, not the entire thing.
#6stargazer64Posted 11/6/2012 4:36:56 PM
Rurouni720 posted...

Thats a feature, not the entire thing.

It's also going to feature coin collecting.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#7gamester_12345Posted 11/6/2012 5:28:14 PM
Personally, i think a 3DS Smash Bros seems a bit.....redundant, i mean it is a handheld afterall...unless they used tons of recolours or kept the models slightly lower resolution, i sorta doubt that it can hold so much content on a single cartridge compared to the Wii U version.

Theres also the situation with multiplayer, on consoles, you can plug in controllers and play with your siblings and generally have fun and probably multiple saveslots....whereas handhelds needs needs more handhelds and copies of the game just to play together.

Though if the 3DS version went in a completely different direction, in a Jump Superstars-esque sort of way complete with gameplay, and feature much more heavier links in intergame continuity and mythology gags of their games and series.....possibly even different characters on both versions, it might justify having 2 versions.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2322
KoL: Plucky, currently a Zombie Master
#8NeonYoshi11Posted 11/6/2012 6:50:34 PM
Xeven posted...
Unless it has some kind of novelty, like it being 2D with sprites instead of 2.5D. Now that I'd go for, but that won't happen. :/

Different characters.

They will definitely put enough "good" characters in the 3DS version and some may even be exclusive or they could split a roster although that wouldn't be smart.

I would love to see Luso from FFTA2 or Vaan and have them be a 3DS exclusive.
#9MatticianPosted 11/6/2012 7:10:49 PM
I'm worried about the 3DS buttons.

I wonder how long they'll last after playing this game as much as I play this series.

I don't have a 3DS yet, so I don't know how the button quality is.
#10Monkmaster79Posted 11/6/2012 7:20:44 PM
Maybe they'll offer some kind of incentive to get the 3ds version. Like exclusive characters that can be transferred to the Wii U version. No doubt people would b**** to high heaven if that happened. I think it would be pretty cool though. Like for someone who just has the Wii U version and they play online against someone who's using a 3ds character. They'd flip their s*** and the person using the 3ds character would feel all special. I wanna feel special...
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
http://i.imgur.com/42eKz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/P3cz6.gif