A 3DS Super Smash Bros. just feels like a waste of time

#21Xeven(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 2:43:38 PM
That would be appealing. Even better, why not get the same company that did Jump Ultimate Stars to do it?
---
http://coolzomb.sitesled.com/
#22Nickf42(VIP)Posted 11/7/2012 6:10:33 PM
Xeven posted...
Come on, I know I'm not the only one who thinks sprites would be awesome, so where's the fanfare? :P

I don't want it to happen because it's just a watered down console SSB. with a much smaller screen, worse sound output and has GameCube graphics for the third ******* time. Anything different about the 3DS one could easily be included in Wii U one (touch screen doesn't count because it doesn't interest me :P) -except- sprites.

Sprites take up more memory than polygons...
---
Wii- 4303-4875-8522-2427
Brawl 0044-2469-0820
#23ErugiosPosted 11/7/2012 6:16:48 PM
Nickf42 posted...
Xeven posted...
Come on, I know I'm not the only one who thinks sprites would be awesome, so where's the fanfare? :P

I don't want it to happen because it's just a watered down console SSB. with a much smaller screen, worse sound output and has GameCube graphics for the third ******* time. Anything different about the 3DS one could easily be included in Wii U one (touch screen doesn't count because it doesn't interest me :P) -except- sprites.

Sprites take up more memory than polygons...

Yes but textures take up now memory than sprites
---
"One of these days, I'm gonna find a loophole my friend." - Man in Black
#24Carbuncle009Posted 11/7/2012 7:25:01 PM(edited)
Stupid OP posted...
A 3DS Super Smash Bros. just feels like a waste of time

Just like this topic!
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 3 No: 2 Maybe: 2
If all bronies are shipping freaks, then all KH fans are Yaoi Fans and all CoD fans are 12 year-olds.
#25Delirious_BeardPosted 11/7/2012 7:30:34 PM
blazeUP12 posted...
I'd rather Sakurai focus on Wii U Smash Bros.

Considering what Sakurai did to the last console Smash, I want him working on the 3DS one more.
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#26Zero97Posted 11/7/2012 9:50:16 PM
Delirious_Beard posted...
blazeUP12 posted...

Considering what Sakurai did to the last console Smash, I want him working on the 3DS one more.

He did good things
---
3DS: FIXalaS: 0173-1416-4513
Twitter: @FiXalaS
#27Delirious_BeardPosted 11/7/2012 9:53:02 PM
zerokandery posted...
Delirious_Beard posted...
blazeUP12 posted...

He did good things

Not really.
---
This sig will not change until J.P. Howell and Carlos Pena are released or sent down from the Tampa Bay Rays.
http://i34.tinypic.com/adnlsk.jpg
#28pbandjamesPosted 11/7/2012 9:57:37 PM
MetroidLink57 posted...
gamester_12345 posted...
Personally, i think a 3DS Smash Bros seems a bit.....redundant, i mean it is a handheld afterall...unless they used tons of recolours or kept the models slightly lower resolution, i sorta doubt that it can hold so much content on a single cartridge compared to the Wii U version.

Theres also the situation with multiplayer, on consoles, you can plug in controllers and play with your siblings and generally have fun and probably multiple saveslots....whereas handhelds needs needs more handhelds and copies of the game just to play together.

True, a 3DS cart (2 gb) would never hold has much data compared to a Wii U blu ray (25 gb). but still, they're working with 2 gigs here, not that small of an amount. Multiplayer doesn't seem like it would be an issue with download play, in which only 1 person in a group would need to have SSB on them to get a match going.

Actually, 3DS carts can go up to 8GB, they are just limiting it right now so that the games get better over the system's lifetime. They allowed Capcom a 4GB cart for REvelations, so 8GB could have quite a bit of content.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#29OjamaJoePosted 11/7/2012 10:21:06 PM
I just really hope it's at least as fun as the 64 one. The things you can do with kirby's inhale + team attack + spitting out at an opponent
---
3DS FC: 0345-0569-3972
#30gexpres5Posted 11/8/2012 1:15:26 PM
kirbycool posted...
I for one am hoping the portable version has a completely different feel (similar to jump ultimate stars like people were saying) And that these new mechanics become associated with the portable smash while the console smash stays the same.

Basically I want each character to control differently than on the console, different engine and different graphical style.
Kind of like the super Mario World Series and the super Mario land series. Same series but different styles.

I like this idea, but wouldn't lead into a spinoff?