People complain about too much handholding in recent nintendo games

#11McMarblesPosted 11/9/2012 10:46:11 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Then Sticker Star comes out, and they're complaining about not being able to figure out where to go and what to do.

Nintendo Derangement Syndrome at work.

Nintendo does nothing but rehash... and they keep changing everything!

Nintendo refuses to give us a modern Internet experience! What's that? The WiiU has one, and has innovations besides? Um... WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG! Welcome to 2006, Ninty! I called them Ninty, cuz it's demeaning somehow! Look how clever am I!

The sooner you learn NINTENDO IS ALWAYS WRONG WHATEVER THEY DO, you'll be happier.
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#12DuncanwiiPosted 11/9/2012 10:52:15 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
get rid of superguide, and we'll stop complaining.

Superguide wasn't even mandatory in the what, 5 games that used it. You could ignore it if you wanted to.
---
I'm not sure, I'm afraid we'll need to use...math!-Futurama.
Doh, I missed!-Wario
#13AceGamer11xPosted 11/9/2012 10:53:04 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
Most importantly, it's not a TTYD clone so it sucks because change hurts.

---
3DS: 1590-4913-4456
Official Zorua of the Pokemon white 2 and black 2 boards. Getting, animal crossing,Monster hunter 3 ultimate and your mom.
#14Baha05Posted 11/9/2012 10:54:21 AM
Honestly I don't get the complaints of getting told what to do in certain games. Because let's face it there were WAY too many game that were extremely cryptic in one way or another and some you'll end up being lost for hours and to me that's not fun.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#15MarsfordPosted 11/9/2012 10:55:36 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
Terotrous posted...
Change is fine, but SPM was a terrible game.

I respectfully disagree. It's honeslty a very strong "game of the generation" candidate for me across all the systems I own.

Past my extreme disgust for the discovery that SPM wasn't an RPG, I do agree it's still a very enjoyable game for its genre.
---
Official Marsford of the NDF
People should really learn the difference between a troll and an idiot.
#16r_m_8_8Posted 11/9/2012 10:58:12 AM
SPM is such a joy to play. Just remembering some of the bosses and funny moments makes me chuckle. Hey, kind of like with the first two games. It's most definitely my favorite trilogy ever.
---
Now playing: Code of Princess (3DS)
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#17meiyukiPosted 11/9/2012 11:08:52 AM
Then Sticker Star comes out, and they're complaining about not being able to figure out where to go and what to do.

Two things, first is a simple point that it's unlikely the people complaining about too much hand holding are the same people complaining about not having their hand held.

The second though is that hand holding produces a dependance on hand holding. People just lose the ability, or never developed it in the first place, to experiment, explore, and figure things out for themselves when they've had their hand held the whole time. You instinctively know this going through school, or just researching something on the internet, the skill seems so easy when the teacher/tutorial is holding your hand the whole time. Now the teacher tells you to go do it on your own and all the sudden it seems impossible.

Of course it's that second step that develops the skill and ability to do the task on your own. Most video games today don't ever get to that point, they hold your hand from start to finish. This is why you saw when the ambassador games were released people who had never played an nes game claiming they were impossible and you had to be some god of gaming to beat them. These same games many of use beat and loved when we were 6 years old or younger.
#18OtherSuperPhilPosted 11/9/2012 11:42:30 AM

I think it's a right balance people want. (Or they're just insatiable.)
---
Most stupidly overused words on GameFAQs: rehash, shovelware, troll, fanboy, gimmick, casual, hardcore
www.superphillipcentral.com
#19yukitoPosted 11/9/2012 11:42:52 AM
Bad design is bad, whether it veers on the side of too simple or too obtuse. There is a middle ground.
---
Samantha Wright is my waifu.
-Yusketeers
#20CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 11:54:28 AM
OtherSuperPhil posted...

I think it's a right balance people want. (Or they're just insatiable.)

The game being too vague on what to do is the most complaint amongst reviewers for SS.
---
I come to GameFAQs to be an a-hole and create strife /hate on forum message boards. -GeassMaster