IGN - Paper Mario Sticker Star only an 8.3

#51DeathSnipe777Posted 11/9/2012 5:39:38 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure people took this topic way too seriously. Anyone "mocking" the 8.3 score by saying that it means SS is bad are just mocking the people that are hating on SS and declaring it a terrible game before even playing it.

Or maybe they're just trying to annoy people, I dunno.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
PSN: Marlouchu
#52SuperrpgmanPosted 11/9/2012 6:34:05 PM(edited)
I don't know what's more idiotic.

The idea that an 8.3 is a bad score, or the idea that the TC couldn't mention where the source was in the bloody topic title.

Oh wait! I get it!

You didn't point out that it was IGN because the site has such low credibility that most would ignore this topic.

Nice troll attempt man! 10/10 all the way!
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#53JeroisourosinPosted 11/9/2012 6:13:50 PM
8.3....from ign....SOLD!
---
Official Nargacuga of the MH3/U board
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#54MarioFanaticXVPosted 11/9/2012 6:21:42 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1070/1998169-1315159660139.png

Study the bottom chart, understand it, memorize it, and stop acting like we're using the top one.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#55JKatarnPosted 11/9/2012 6:23:16 PM
Oh noes!!! ONLY an 8.3!!!! ALERT THE INTERNET!!! MANCHILDREN ASSEMBLE!! Seriously, how is 8.3/10 "bad"? You can't expect every reviewer to have the same taste in games/gloss over the flaws as much as the next site.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#56Kenichi34Posted 11/9/2012 6:24:18 PM
Since when's 8.3 a bad score? These modern gamers, I swear.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#57AkaneJonesPosted 11/9/2012 6:37:00 PM
Actually reviews of Nintendo games are down across the board. They are all in the 8s at the moment since Kid Icarus. I think it may be a sneak tactic. Nintendo games sell regardless, 3rd parties have been using the old excuse that they can't compete with Nintendo. So most of these game sites are told not to hype the scores up, not that the quality is any different.

This should help cut down excuses if 3rd party don't sell. I admit it's only a theory and the 3DS like the DS does need the cut down for 3rd Parties, since Nintendo has always held them on hand helds. But it is still something to consider since there been a long standing idea that games get pay offs for high reviews. Nintendo has never been immune to that either, many people had the long standing belief that Nintendo over rated there own games in Nintendo Power, even if it wasn't true.

We can't use this Paper Mario as any kind of gage, though. Remember that Super Paper Mario git plenty of 9s, and the best things that had to offer were Story and Music not game play. There is always the question of back lash from over rating. Or the very fact that the reviewer actually liked Super Paper Mario over the first two. We could also have Anti-RPG reviewers, those people who was a Mario RPG and nothing else, or those who will except nothing else but Thousand-year Door copy pasta.

Unfortunately Reviewers like lots of other things are becoming very opinion based, getting an objective opinion is becoming less common. I blame the internet, smart phone, twitering, web junkie culture that is currently being raise and bred now. Anonymity on the Internet for kids raised on them, with no manners, and no retribution for anything thing they say, helps cement the idea that trolling and overstating everything is, oh kei. It just farms haters and over opinionated people you can't trust. It also lets BSer get around, you have no checks to tell if they played what they are reviewing.
#58YamiYugi4400(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:45:00 PM
Superrpgman posted...
I don't know what's more idiotic.

The idea that an 8.3 is a bad score, or the idea that the TC couldn't mention where the source was in the bloody topic title.

Oh wait! I get it!

You didn't point out that it was IGN because the site has such low credibility that most would ignore this topic.

Nice troll attempt man! 10/10 all the way!

It says IGN in the topic title.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#59OoSubaruoOPosted 11/9/2012 6:46:16 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Baha05 posted...
Yup and we all know an 8.3 automatically makes it a bad game.

It's horrible, considering that PM and TTYD are 9+ and 9.5+ games respectively.

This right here is why fan bases suck.
#60ChargrilledPosted 11/9/2012 6:54:47 PM
"Only an 8.3"

...When will people start to understand how rating systems work?

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!