Your reaction: the next Zelda 3DS is Spirit Tracks 2

#71n00bsaib0tPosted 11/10/2012 8:07:20 AM
12. they try to claim those things were NEVER important when the last 3 games had them IN SPADES and frankly saying they don't care about those elements PROVES they don't really care WHAT the series does

It sounds to me like you're incapable of accepting that a game can be good while deviating from the formula of the others. Just because you want a TTYD style game doesn't mean sticker star is bad. Personally, I think it looks good and when my 3DS gets back from repair I'm going to get it.

Just keep this in mind, if Mario games never deviated from the original formula in the first place then Paper Mario wouldn't exist at all. Now granted I was much younger (when did SMRPG come out, 93? 94? I would have been 8 or 9 at the time) but I don't recall all this complaining when Mario first deviated from the "run from left to right, jump on goombas" formula. Why is it such a big deal that Paper Mario games deviate from their original formula? I think the point of games like Sticker Star is that it doesn't really fall into the other games, but how many graphic styles do we really need? So they use the Paper Mario graphic style and make a spin off Paper Mario game. This doesn't make it bad, it just makes it not what you want it to be.

And thats fine, you don't have to like it. You have every right to feel mislead that its a Paper Mario game and none of the points you made were confirmed before release (meaning if you bought it in good faith that said things that weren't shown were in the game because its Paper Mario and they always were, and did so on day 1, you would be getting hosed). But just because its different doesn't make it bad.

You do have one point that is very valid, though. Not buying it is speaking with your wallet and I'm actually kind of shocked to see someone that didn't buy something they are complaining about (if you go to any Capcom game forum you know what I mean, the "I bought this because its Resident Evil, but I'm really upset that I had to buy this" stuff is getting old), if more people spoke with their wallet then companies would listen to fans more.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#72All-New_SpiderPosted 11/10/2012 8:19:40 AM
the only bad part of spirit tracks was the train. if it had a 2d zelda overworld it would have been a way better game.
#73wisemiddsPosted 11/10/2012 8:29:25 AM
Noooooooo! No more stylus controls, no more waggle controls!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#74IHeartMetroidPosted 11/10/2012 8:50:34 AM
All-New_Spider posted...
the only bad part of spirit tracks was the train. if it had a 2d zelda overworld it would have been a way better game.

Or at least if they had
a:) removed the *&#$ Death Trains and
b:) let you stop the dang thing and GET OFF it and wander around all you wanted, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But they didn't.
#75FefnirOmega13Posted 11/10/2012 9:47:15 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
All-New_Spider posted...

Or at least if they had
a:) removed the *&#$ Death Trains

The normal hell trains you could shoot to slow down and stop them for a couple of seconds- these ones outsped you fractionally, but not by much, and generally wandered around the map haphazardly- and the armor plated hell trains were resistant to your cannon and tracked you, but were neither slower or faster than you- they travelled at similar speed as your max speed, easily noticable during the underwater chase and the goron area chase.

They don't require higher cognitive thought processes to outwit, either; though the armoured trains twig on rather fast and turn around if you trick them.

Let's be honest, it's a train crash, what the hell do you expect? Small animal attacks and tank cannons are one thing, but another train at full speed ramming into your train would certainly cause derailment.

That said, Spirit Tracks is probably #4 on my list of favourite zelda games, so I'd be relatively pleased. Not so much with the annoying pan-flute sections, but the gameplay was decent enough, and there was plenty to do. A little formulaic, though that could be said of all zelda games, though.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#76Baha05Posted 11/10/2012 10:08:30 AM
^And honestly with the train too it would have been a cool mix to have it let you stop and wander. Not sure if it was the DS limitations but it would have been cool to have a Wind Waker like map but have certain areas you can stop the train and just wander around an area on the world map.

Though I haven't played it in a while I did hate the enemy death trains.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"