ATTN Nintendo:

#11so64Posted 11/10/2012 9:13:39 PM
...Is it wrong that I was expecting something more from the video? Maybe it is just me, but I do not see how a caramelldansen video, even one as well crafted as this one, is true innovation. And may I inquire as to what exactly is true innovation? And as opposed to what, false innovation? Now perhaps if the video was an original animation, I would agree at the very least with the idea that Nintendo Video should try for better content. For example, this one animation I found on Youtube( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkddkbu-EMA&list=FLNtDICRbERp1uw1ArVSku_A&index=22&feature=plpp_video) is pretty good. Part of Nintendo Video's problem is that they do not have that many original videos. Besides Dinosaur Office and Son of a Pitch and the short lived 3Diots, the application does not have a true identity. It relies on the content of others and there is no true quality control that NoA has.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#12Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:15:32 PM
Eh, anyway, the video depicts wonderful (and much more genuine looking) 3D effects without the need for a parallax barrier (3DS), and is mixed with upbeat music and animation. Makes for a first in that video app as content worth watching and downloading.

No one can truly deny this; especially when you consider all those dire infomercial-esque videos that Nintendo offers otherwise.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#13Baha05Posted 11/10/2012 9:18:16 PM
Pretty sure caramelldansen actually set back videos (All videos) like 15 years when it first came out.

Plus the video is pretty damn horrible in it's own existence.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#14Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:18:19 PM
so64 posted...
...Is it wrong that I was expecting something more from the video? Maybe it is just me, but I do not see how a caramelldansen video, even one as well crafted as this one, is true innovation. And may I inquire as to what exactly is true innovation? And as opposed to what, false innovation? Now perhaps if the video was an original animation, I would agree at the very least with the idea that Nintendo Video should try for better content. For example, this one animation I found on Youtube( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkddkbu-EMA&list=FLNtDICRbERp1uw1ArVSku_A&index=22&feature=plpp_video) is pretty good. Part of Nintendo Video's problem is that they do not have that many original videos. Besides Dinosaur Office and Son of a Pitch and the short lived 3Diots, the application does not have a true identity. It relies on the content of others and there is no true quality control that NoA has.

You say all that, but I bet if Nintendo were to release this very video as something for you guys to watch, you and all the rest of them will be drooling all over the idea and video; looking for any and every option imaginable to make it a keepsake for your 3DS.

Or are you more content with the "content" they currently offer?
---
#15so64Posted 11/10/2012 9:33:35 PM
Razieru posted...
so64 posted...

You say all that, but I bet if Nintendo were to release this very video as something for you guys to watch, you and all the rest of them will be drooling all over the idea and video; looking for any and every option imaginable to make it a keepsake for your 3DS.

I am confused by the question....or perhaps I am sensing an implication here. Could you rephrase, comrade?
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#16Baha05Posted 11/10/2012 9:33:58 PM
Razieru posted...

Nope, because video content much like game content is subjective and caramelldansen has to have a lot of people that dislike it and at this point very few that still remembers it as this was EVERYWHERE.

As an artist on deviantArt this was pretty much recoloring that same goofy dance. Hell if Nintendo put something like this on the NV I would delete the app.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#17Genericgamer667Posted 11/10/2012 9:37:57 PM
go troll somewhere else you sad bitter man
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#18AkaneJonesPosted 11/10/2012 9:46:07 PM(edited)
Funny all this topic did is make me want to watch some Popo-tan. And if you fail to understand why you don't know where the dance frames came from in the first place. (Mostly because I felt better than to link it, because of what that opener contains)
I will there for link this just for the hell of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDimxnksRlk
#19Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 9:45:53 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
go troll somewhere else you sad bitter man

^ How generic. *looks at username*

Oh, the irony....

so64 posted....

All I'm saying is if Nintendo Video offered some entertainment that is as upbeat as that music and the animations in the video, it would be a start towards offering authetic videos for that low budget video app of theirs. it matters not that it is original; it is entertaining. The 3DS's use of 3D Isn't orginal, but look at how overrated it is....
---
#20NekoakumaPosted 11/10/2012 9:46:32 PM
The JPN Nintendo video offered awesome videos with 3D effects, as well as short movies.
There also another video service which had daily videos, and the effects on those were better than most games at the time.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.