ATTN Nintendo:

#51Baha05Posted 11/11/2012 3:12:42 PM
2000eramaax posted...
Nintendo Video is stupid and overrated.If anyone who can download a youtube 3d app would most likely uninstall NV.Nintendo doesn't like that.

Actually I would keep NV on, besides Youtube wouldn't/doesn't really do 3D videos and I have a hard enough time with Youtube on a computer with their awful side bar. I like to watch LPs so it gets old fast having the side bar and end of the video skip a part to go to the next.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#52Razieru(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 3:19:31 PM
2000eramaax posted...
Nintendo Video is stupid and overrated.

NV is the poor man's bottom of the barrel, low budget infomercial software.

If anyone who can download a youtube 3d app would most likely uninstall NV.Nintendo doesn't like that.

No. Nintendo naturally refuses to get with the times and simply offer FLASH support to:

> pave a way to an authentic browser
> pave yet another way to view realistic and authentic media; like....wait for it....a YouTube app for one

Eh, then I'd be overestimating their chances and fortitude at that point. One must also remember those sub-par screens just can't handle the brilliance of such wonders. That's what the Vita, for one, is for.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#53so64Posted 11/11/2012 5:30:07 PM
Razieru posted...

so64 posted....

All I'm saying is if Nintendo Video offered some entertainment that is as upbeat as that music and the animations in the video, it would be a start towards offering authetic videos for that low budget video app of theirs. it matters not that it is original; it is entertaining. The 3DS's use of 3D Isn't orginal, but look at how overrated it is....

And all I am saying is that NV needs an identity, it needs something that differentiates it from other video sites or entertainment. By placing videos that are easily found on other sites, I feel would simply make NV nothing more than a weak form of entertainment, nothing that truly gives it an edge or a voice that is different from say Youtube or Dailymotion. Now, this is not to say that you are not correct in that the videos should be entertaining. But I feel by stating that they need not be original undermines your point. Original content would be a strong positive direction for NV to take. What Nintendo should do in terms of NV is to hire animation studios to produce original weekly serials, somewhat akin to the old radio serials of yesteryear, that have unique plots and storylines. And perhaps even give their characters their own animated weekly serials as well. Not only would this help increase the quality of NV, but it would definitely give it a unique Nintendo vibe to it as well.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#54Nickcool1996Posted 11/11/2012 6:21:58 PM(edited)
People actually like Nintendo Video? I took that off after the KI:U vids were done with.

It needs more stuff like that, and they should be downloadable to the SD card. Oh, and you should be able to browse through old videos instead of only seeing the newest 4.

lol That aint happenin'
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#55so64Posted 11/11/2012 6:28:13 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
People actually like Nintendo Video? I took that off after the KI:U vids were done with.

It needs more stuff like that, and they should be downloadable to the SD card. Oh, and you should be able to browse through old videos instead of only seeing the newest 4.

lol That aint happenin'

Well every once in a while it does have an interesting artistic video. Such as the boat or the circus bear and monkey viewing the death of a horse.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com Why can't we give love that one more chance? 3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#5690sRetroGamingPosted 11/11/2012 6:30:49 PM
Baha05 posted...
2000eramaax posted...
Nintendo Video is stupid and overrated.If anyone who can download a youtube 3d app would most likely uninstall NV.Nintendo doesn't like that.

Actually I would keep NV on, besides Youtube wouldn't/doesn't really do 3D videos and I have a hard enough time with Youtube on a computer with their awful side bar. I like to watch LPs so it gets old fast having the side bar and end of the video skip a part to go to the next.

Nintendo Video would be fine if they actually treated it like the Nintendo Channel on the Wii. Nintendo Video should be PACKED with game trailers (both 3DS AND WiiU), interviews, E3 footage, Nintendo Show 3D, etc.

Instead they put these four lame ass vids on there that most do NOT give a damn about and sprinkle in a few good ones from time to time (Kirby mini shorts, Zelda concert footage and KI:U mini shorts).

The only great thing about Nintendo Video at this point is the theme music for it and the background graphic. i open it every other week, look at what's presented, smh, listen to the music for a few and then close the app. this app needs a MAJOR facelift and fast...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#57Baha05Posted 11/11/2012 6:59:32 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Nintendo Video would be fine if they actually treated it like the Nintendo Channel on the Wii. Nintendo Video should be PACKED with game trailers (both 3DS AND WiiU), interviews, E3 footage, Nintendo Show 3D, etc.

Instead they put these four lame ass vids on there that most do NOT give a damn about and sprinkle in a few good ones from time to time (Kirby mini shorts, Zelda concert footage and KI:U mini shorts).

The only great thing about Nintendo Video at this point is the theme music for it and the background graphic. i open it every other week, look at what's presented, smh, listen to the music for a few and then close the app. this app needs a MAJOR facelift and fast...

That too, I can sort of see why they did it this way in a sense since all you'd really get are 3DS trailers in 3D but they really should update the app. It does have some interesting videos though.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#58Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/12/2012 8:38:10 AM
Razieru posted...
2000eramaax posted...
Nintendo Video is stupid and overrated.

NV is the poor man's bottom of the barrel, low budget infomercial software.

If anyone who can download a youtube 3d app would most likely uninstall NV.Nintendo doesn't like that.

No. Nintendo naturally refuses to get with the times and simply offer FLASH support to:

> pave yet another way to view realistic and authentic media; like....wait for it....a YouTube app for one

Eh, then I'd be overestimating their chances and fortitude at that point. One must also remember those sub-par screens just can't handle the brilliance of such wonders. That's what the Vita, for one, is for.

Dude, you don't know much about Flash, huh?

Flash is NOT a free application for developers. Nintendo already had to pay for a license to be allowed to use Flash in the Opera browser for Wii.
Also, what the hell do you want with Flash support on a browser that is not even fast enough t process flash-based sites? They require much higher speed than the 3DS browser can offer.
And a YouTube-App would mean Nintendo has to pay Google first (and they can name the price). Then they'd have to use a pseudo-site which reads YouTube-embeds and has to correctly process that medium with Flash - and then the real pain begins.
- loading times for long videos
- low resolution for ALL videos (read: unbearable)
- conversion of several functions (login system over Google Network, cookie-based identification, comment system)

This is work that Nintendo doesn't even consider usefully spent.
If you want to watch videos on the internet, go to your PC.

Razieru posted...

Oh, that's just you being too spoiled. Flash wastes loads of bandwidth with its oversizing of pages. And for what? For rainbow-colored gimmicks one can easily achieve with HTML5 (doesn't require ANYTHING except for a browser)?
Flash used to be something cool, but it's outdated. HTML5 can even process videos without anything even close to Flash - FireFox, Opera and Chrome all support HTML5 already.

Nintendo is really better off not subduing themselves with the media-obsessed people like you and instead focus on the point of their work: GAMES.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#59Baha05Posted 11/12/2012 8:42:14 AM
^Also do any of the mobile or portal Youtube apps even use Flash?
---
#60Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/12/2012 9:15:36 AM
Baha05 posted...
^Also do any of the mobile or portal Youtube apps even use Flash?

Probably not, at least not on iPhone. The YouTube apps there use a direct server stream to a mini video player, from what I could gather.
Android does use Flash, however. So the YT apps on it can just build up on that.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans