They need to port some great *Visual Novels to the 3DS

#21zinformantPosted 11/11/2012 9:11:30 PM
emagdnE posted...
Visual Novels are not video games, they are interactive choose your own path books

we already have a big enough blight on our hands with the interactive movies known as "jRPGs" flooding our devices designed to play video games, we don't need more

Go back fifteen years, and see what some games were. Choose your own adventure games and first person adventure games (which some are hybrids with) were all the rage back then. Just because it's not your type of game doesn't mean it doe4sn't qualify. I mean, if games full of QTEs count, then so do these.

That said, it's moot because the vast majority of great VNs are not marketable. I also see them as being more likely on the Vita.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#22LegoLeonidasPosted 11/11/2012 10:14:21 PM
360pages posted...
No love for Fate/stay night.

That's actually my favorite! I would pay full price for a 3DS version! They can take out the NC-17 parts, I don't care!
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#23zinformantPosted 11/11/2012 10:28:02 PM
LegoLeonidas posted...
360pages posted...

That's actually my favorite! I would pay full price for a 3DS version! They can take out the NC-17 parts, I don't care!

It won't ever happen, but, hypothetically speaking, they'd HAVE to in order to get the game on shelves.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#24lambchipsPosted 11/11/2012 10:35:32 PM
360pages posted...

it was mentioned in the first reply
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#25ferofaxPosted 11/11/2012 10:38:25 PM
emagdnE posted...
Visual Novels are not video games, they are interactive choose your own path books

we already have a big enough blight on our hands with the interactive movies known as "jRPGs" flooding our devices designed to play video games, we don't need more

I don't see any problem in playing high-quality "interactive movies". Hell, the reason I fell in love with the genre was because of the stories they tell.

Granted, we need more games with solid gameplay, IN OTHER GENRES -- RTS, TBS, Platformers, Sidescrollers, SHMUPS, those kinda genres. But on RPGs and Adventure genres, I don't mind interactive movies. Professor Layton might as well be one, with all its animated cutscenes.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#26MewtwoExPosted 11/12/2012 2:45:45 AM
I came here expecting Another Code R
Im disappoint mah boys
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg