Donkey Kong:Original Edition is still the NES version with pie factory or...?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Donkey Kong:Original Edition is still the NES version with pie factory or...?
3 years ago#1
Is it an actual true emulation of the original arcade version? I'm sure anyone that's played the original arcade game and the NES versions know there are other subtle differences between the two beyond the removal of the pie factory level.

I absolutely loved the arcade game but if that's not the same one offered here, I'm gonna pass on picking up Paper Mario on the eShop and get it $10 cheaper at Frys. Anyone able to help me clarify this?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
3 years ago#2
NES version with the factory level. Yep.
---
Stay alert! The guards spotted secret agent Metal Gear!
Snake: Come on, really? - Dorkly
3 years ago#3
Ok cool. Thanks!
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
3 years ago#4
Also the animation of DK grabbing Pauline and climbing up a ladder plays at the end of each level, but it's not the exact same as the arcade version.
---
Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is one of the worst people in the gaming industry.
People who agree: 8
3 years ago#5
jakestar0306 posted...
Also the animation of DK grabbing Pauline and climbing up a ladder plays at the end of each level, but it's not the exact same as the arcade version.

Is it really that hard to emulate the true arcade version for a portable release in 2012?
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
3 years ago#6
90sRetroGaming posted...
jakestar0306 posted...

Is it really that hard to emulate the true arcade version for a portable release in 2012?

It's not about difficulty. It's about money. It's more expensive to write a new arcade emulator than to use an existing NES emulator on the 3DS. To my knowledge, Nintendo has never really made an emulator for any of their own Arcade games.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | SSB Brawl FC: 3095-4658-7188
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691;
3 years ago#7
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Is it an actual true emulation of the original arcade version? I'm sure anyone that's played the original arcade game and the NES versions know there are other subtle differences between the two beyond the removal of the pie factory level.

How can it be a pie factory when it was always a construction site?
---
3DS Friend Code: 2191-7798-3462
PSN:Jamthenice1
3 years ago#8
Cement factory, not pie factory. The levels are construction-themed.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
3 years ago#9
Koyomi_Araragi posted...
NES version with the factory level. Yep.

And people went ape **** over what essentially amounts to a palette swap and deleted level of the original game? Typical.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
3 years ago#10
adampeltz posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
jakestar0306 posted...

It's not about difficulty. It's about money. It's more expensive to write a new arcade emulator than to use an existing NES emulator on the 3DS. To my knowledge, Nintendo has never really made an emulator for any of their own Arcade games.

Yes, and it's complaining that every port of Mario Bros. either features Spineys, or if does have standard Koopa Troopa(style turtles), they never hope out of their shells kick it back over then hop back in to continue moving. The only time there was an Emulation of any Nintendo arcade was DK64's version of Donkey Kong. But for every port, there are always differences.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Donkey Kong:Original Edition is still the NES version with pie factory or...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived