Really enjoying Paper Mario Sticker Star

#11melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:09:34 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
SullyTheStrange posted...
melchiahdim posted...
I've never played much of the past Paper Mario games

And that's why.

Oh gawd, not this guy again... >.>

Are you talking about me or him? Because I don't recodnise the name.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
#12SullyTheStrangePosted 11/12/2012 8:32:07 AM
melchiahdim posted...
So it can't just be because I'm appreciating unique gameplay?

It's a lot harder to appreciate it when you play the full version of the game and not the watered down one we got here.

NathanisDrake posted...
Oh gawd, not this guy again... >.>

I've only posted on this board, like... twice. <_< What did I do to rustle your jimmies?
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#13DonNCognitoPosted 11/12/2012 9:10:54 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
Regardless I just saw a you-tube video where someone just used scissors on a boss, and one-hit ko'ed it. Speaking of bosses boy will you feel ashamed once you see them seeing how their just plain "Giant sized" normal enemies..

to be fair you have no other choice but to use the scissors in that one specific battle because you don't have access to the battle spinner to do more than one action AND the fact that the boss auto-regens all hp each turn.

a lot of the whiners and complainers don't see how important it is to be efficient with your stickers in this game. there's also some trial and error involved if you don't seek outside help.
#14emagdnEPosted 11/12/2012 11:49:56 AM
like I said in the other topic, you don't have to compare bad games to excellent games in order to show that they're bad, it's just that bad games are that much worse when they have an actual legacy to live up to

.....that said, go finish the original Paper Mario and pick up The Thousand Year Door

The Thousand Year Door is outright the best game on Gamecube, the last great console
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#15Semi45aPosted 11/12/2012 11:58:20 AM
inb4 thats because you like bad games
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#16ZeroArcheryPosted 11/12/2012 2:51:24 PM
darod2007 posted...
I would argue that you're a better judge if you didn't play the previous entries. You would be judging as a standalone title and would not have any preconceived notions or expectations of the game. You would just simply be rating the game of its own merits.

You'd also think your way of thinking would be more prominent.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#17KingJaggiPosted 11/12/2012 2:59:48 PM
"But if the overblown control issues in Kid Icarus Uprising taught me anything, its to not listen to the complainers on this board."

So true
---
Oh, yeah... See, you can have all the skill in the world and still have a bad day."-Joshua: Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones
#18parKb5Posted 11/12/2012 8:44:16 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
melchiahdim posted...
melchiahdim posted...

And that's why.

ignore people like that.

their complaints boil down to a simple "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's not teh saem!"

...and the funny thing is that they are the same people that hate on NSMB2 because it IS the same. Gamers...you can never please 'em.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#191upsuperPosted 11/12/2012 8:47:02 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
I've played all the Paper Mario games and I still have the same opinion as TC about Sticker Star.

This. And it seems like I'd be in the camp that says it's crap, because PM1 one of my favorite games of all time. Nope, I'm still able to thoroughly enjoy this one.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#20HeiedonoPosted 11/12/2012 9:03:00 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
melchiahdim posted...
melchiahdim posted...

And that's why.

ignore people like that.

their complaints boil down to a simple "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's not teh saem!"

...and the funny thing is that they are the same people that hate on NSMB2 because it IS the same. Gamers...you can never please 'em.

I'm fine with change, and in all honesty have no opinion on PM:SS yet.
BUT, from all the info I've seen, the sticker system doesn't seem like a sidegrade from the deeper gameplay of the previous PM games, it's a straight on down grade, with less options and less going on. I can sympathize with people who disagree with IS's decision (although the whining is annoying)

Still, haven't played it myself, just my 2 cents.
---
"If the worst comes to the worst, you can always try summoning nipples and glue. Probably vulgar though :("
PB FC:1549-9392-8987