Really enjoying Paper Mario Sticker Star

#41NnamzPosted 11/13/2012 11:06:36 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Nnamz posted...
I have never played a Paper Mario game. According to this topic, that means I will like Sticker Star more? Right?

Sticker Star is my first Paper Mario as well, and IMO I love it. I don't know about you though. You could try buying Paper Mario 64 off of the VC, which I assume it's $10 on there.

Thousand Year Door is going for random prices on eBay and Amazon, but I don't know if you want to buy an old game.

I think I'll just take the plunge and buy it. I think it looks really good, and the only complaints I've seen are that the other ones are better. Seeing as how I haven't played them, I'm sure I'll be fine, like you.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#42RazieruPosted 11/13/2012 12:19:46 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
I think the mods got the wrong person. *shrugs*
Well, at least I didn't lose any karma.

Nah, bro. They were just admiring your "craft". They, once again, did their job well.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#43KGTriggerPosted 11/13/2012 12:23:11 PM
If I wanted different game mechanics, I would purchase a different game.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#44AnclationPosted 11/13/2012 12:43:08 PM
Good to hear, I'm really looking forward to the European release. The point about Kid Icarus is well taken, that game got a somewhat mixed reception too, and yet it's easily my favorite original 3DS game
#45RazieruPosted 11/13/2012 12:51:18 PM
Anclation posted...
Good to hear, I'm really looking forward to the European release. The point about Kid Icarus is well taken, that game got a somewhat mixed reception too, and yet it's easily my favorite original 3DS game

A semi-rail shooter isn't exactly original. I will also agree with the somewhat finicky controls. Never should a game be induced with such specific controls just to control it. I mean, they could have easily made it user friendly for everyone (for lefties and right-handed people) seeing as how it is something as simple as controls.

Besides, what other game you know comes with a stand? The 3DS already has its fair share of high capacity batteries as "accessories", only to have some stand accompany it. Talk about your average armored hardware....
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#46Solar_CrimsonPosted 11/13/2012 1:08:15 PM
I've played all the Paper Mario games and I still have the same opinion as TC about Sticker Star.

This.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#47Phantom_NookPosted 11/13/2012 1:13:21 PM
Razieru posted...
Anclation posted...

A semi-rail shooter isn't exactly original.

By "original", he probably meant "not a remake."
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#48mtjormitchPosted 11/16/2012 11:17:09 AM
EvilSock1990 posted...
melchiahdim posted...
SullyTheStrange posted...
melchiahdim posted...
I've never played much of the past Paper Mario games

And that's why.

So it can't just be because I'm appreciating unique gameplay?

ignore people like that.

their complaints boil down to a simple "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's not teh saem!"

There is a difference between complaining because it is different complaining because they downgraded it. The game is clearly the latter

Super Paper Mario had the best story out of all of them and they downgrade the story so much in the newest one that even calling it an RPG is a literal insult to the name of RPG's. Even the first one on the Nintendo 64 was better... that is unbelievable.

The gameplay... wow... it isn't as good as even the gamecube version at all. There is a difference between good change and bad change... it obviously took the latter. To anyone who has played the past game. This one is just a waste of time. Don't buy it. Trust me on this.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#49blazingsonicPosted 11/16/2012 12:12:06 PM
mtjormitch posted...
EvilSock1990 posted...
melchiahdim posted...
SullyTheStrange posted...
melchiahdim posted...
I've never played much of the past Paper Mario games

And that's why.

So it can't just be because I'm appreciating unique gameplay?

ignore people like that.

their complaints boil down to a simple "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's not teh saem!"

There is a difference between complaining because it is different complaining because they downgraded it. The game is clearly the latter

Super Paper Mario had the best story out of all of them and they downgrade the story so much in the newest one that even calling it an RPG is a literal insult to the name of RPG's. Even the first one on the Nintendo 64 was better... that is unbelievable.

The gameplay... wow... it isn't as good as even the gamecube version at all. There is a difference between good change and bad change... it obviously took the latter. To anyone who has played the past game. This one is just a waste of time. Don't buy it. Trust me on this.

Yeah.........Sure I'll get right on that internet stranger..........*Continues playing*
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#50Sad_FacePosted 11/16/2012 12:43:00 PM
I expect a sequel to a series to either improve on the previous title OR show me something new. And SS is doing something new.

And you may be happy to learn that that story treatment for Platinum Dunes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been canned.

This topic is still up? Cool. Well we're going to have to agree to disagree because it looks like you aren't seeing my viewpoint or you just aren't acknowledging it for some reason. So, just finish the rest of the other games and then see for yourself if SS lives up to the legacy TTYD left behind.

And *SIGH* that's a huge relief. If Michael Bay actually came through with it, what other series would he scar?