No batery charger?............

#1ThaBasT_MidgaRPosted 11/12/2012 3:21:03 PM
Omfg rly? 3DS XL has no charger? this is unbelievable... I guess I was owned.
---
Another Winter
#2aak57Posted 11/12/2012 3:29:37 PM
From what I recall, the boxes in the EU have some pretty noticeable text that tells you there isn't a charger, and online sites would certainly mention so. So I suppose you owned yourself by not attempting to read.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#3scigeek101Posted 11/12/2012 3:35:35 PM
Text or no, all electronic devices should come with what is needed to run them. Otherwise its bull.

Its like if you buy a car, and it doesn't come with any keys.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#4aak57Posted 11/12/2012 3:38:07 PM
I agree, but this isn't really any different from NO BATTERIES INCLUDED type stuff.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 11/12/2012 3:40:22 PM
Text or no, all electronic devices should come with what is needed to run them. Otherwise its bull.

Actually its more like having a car that doesn't come with gas in it. The 3DS has the battery, but no way to charge. It has what it needs to start, but is incapable of starting after juice runs out. If you have a car with no keys, you aren't even capable of starting it.

And its smart of Nintendo to do this. Many of us are repeat customers, and when they use the same charger for everything then there is no reason to include it and the text on the box is their way of letting you know that if you aren't a repeat customer you need to buy a charger. Its smart, I wish cell phone makers would do this, I have no use for 10 microusb cables.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6scigeek101Posted 11/12/2012 3:45:09 PM
aak57 posted...
I agree, but this isn't really any different from NO BATTERIES INCLUDED type stuff.

Yes and no, No batteries included is indeed annoying, however batteries and pretty much standardized world wide with those sorts of things so you can go just about anywhere and buy batteries that will work from anyone.

The 3ds uses a proprietary charger, which means that the only charger that will work with it is the Nintendo charger. So the chances of you already having a charger is far lower, especially if you are a new adopter. Also even if you already have a 3ds or DSI have fun trying to do a trade in without your charger.

Not including the charger is a bad move on Nintendo's part and will result in them losing consumer confidence.

This is one of those instances where NOA gets it 100% right while the other branches don't
---
Harry Truman.
#7SSJ2__GohanPosted 11/12/2012 3:57:31 PM
They indeed did that to the European 3DS XL's. Of course, because you get less, you also pay le... No, wait, you actually also pay more.
#8scigeek101Posted 11/12/2012 4:02:35 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Actually its more like having a car that doesn't come with gas in it. The 3DS has the battery, but no way to charge. It has what it needs to start, but is incapable of starting after juice runs out.
Somewhat true, however unlike a car the 3ds doesn't come with any "juice" in it at all, so its kinda more like buying a car without a fuel intake nozzle.

If you have a car with no keys, you aren't even capable of starting it. Likewise if you buy a 3ds and have no charger you aren't even capable of starting it

And its smart of Nintendo to do this. Many of us are repeat customers, and when they use the same charger for everything then there is no reason to include it and the text on the box is their way of letting you know that if you aren't a repeat customer you need to buy a charger. Its smart, I wish cell phone makers would do this, I have no use for 10 microusb cables.

No it isn't, it sends a message to new adopters and those that skipped the DSI that Nintendo is a greedy company that wants to nickle and dime you. It will turn customers away, especially if they buy it and find out they can't use it. This move doesn't benefit the customers at all. Nintendo didn't even pass on the cost saved by not including the charger.

The 3ds XL is cheapest in America, which happens to be the only territory where it includes the charger. Customers in Europe have to pay 9 pounds (14 American dollars) for a charger, and the 3ds costs 160 pounds on Amazon (about 253 American dollars).

To be fair some of these prices may include tax, i'm not sure, but American prices rarely include tax, so with tax the 3ds Xl over here comes to about 220 dollars.

So in Europe you pay about 30 dollars more than we do for a handheld that doesn't even include the charger, nice to know NOE cares about its customers.
---
Harry Truman.
#9JP_SartrePosted 11/12/2012 4:10:05 PM
scigeek101 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

Actually its more like having a car that doesn't come with gas in it. The 3DS has the battery, but no way to charge. It has what it needs to start, but is incapable of starting after juice runs out.
Somewhat true, however unlike a car the 3ds doesn't come with any "juice" in it at all, so its kinda more like buying a car without a fuel intake nozzle.

If you have a car with no keys, you aren't even capable of starting it. Likewise if you buy a 3ds and have no charger you aren't even capable of starting it

No it isn't, it sends a message to new adopters and those that skipped the DSI that Nintendo is a greedy company that wants to nickle and dime you. It will turn customers away, especially if they buy it and find out they can't use it. This move doesn't benefit the customers at all. Nintendo didn't even pass on the cost saved by not including the charger.

The 3ds XL is cheapest in America, which happens to be the only territory where it includes the charger. Customers in Europe have to pay 9 pounds (14 American dollars) for a charger, and the 3ds costs 160 pounds on Amazon (about 253 American dollars).

To be fair some of these prices may include tax, i'm not sure, but American prices rarely include tax, so with tax the 3ds Xl over here comes to about 220 dollars.

So in Europe you pay about 30 dollars more than we do for a handheld that doesn't even include the charger, nice to know NOE cares about its customers.

And people in US are complaining XL does not come with a charging cradle. Sheesh. Nintendo keeps sticking it to their faithful followers and they bend over and take it.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#10Butt_SquidPosted 11/12/2012 4:39:18 PM
The 3ds uses a proprietary charger, which means that the only charger that will work with it is the Nintendo charger.

there are third party charges that can be bought for cheap.
---
Teuthida and Sphincters
http://i.imgur.com/TGKrA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3RlJo.png http://i.imgur.com/8FfZY.jpg