Why has Nintendo gotten so "cheap" in recent years?

#11Remmy8199Posted 11/12/2012 5:09:10 PM
Tbh, Nintendo hasn't been doing well for a while now. They have a hard time keeping up with the big wigs like Sony and Microsoft, so they have to do something to try and compete. If they would stop worrying about gimmicks(StreetPass anyone?) and just make a quality system that you won't have to replace in a year or 2 they'd do a lot better. I like the system personally, but the company itself could use some new management.
#12Baha05Posted 11/12/2012 5:13:42 PM
Remmy8199 posted...
Tbh, Nintendo hasn't been doing well for a while now. They have a hard time keeping up with the big wigs like Sony and Microsoft, so they have to do something to try and compete. If they would stop worrying about gimmicks(StreetPass anyone?) and just make a quality system that you won't have to replace in a year or 2 they'd do a lot better. I like the system personally, but the company itself could use some new management.

Actually their systems last pretty damn long. I've had to send in my Xbox for RROD twice already, while I had to send my 3DS in the same for buttons it was not as bad as getting RROD and have a system that freezes playing Minecraft.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#13Remmy8199Posted 11/12/2012 5:18:44 PM
Baha05 posted...
Remmy8199 posted...

Actually their systems last pretty damn long. I've had to send in my Xbox for RROD twice already, while I had to send my 3DS in the same for buttons it was not as bad as getting RROD and have a system that freezes playing Minecraft.

I beg to differ. I've had to replace my original 3ds TWICE already because of the issue with scratches on the top screen from where you close it. I went and got an XL, and it's better, but even that one's got it's flaws(like a stylus that won't stay in the stupid thing for one).
#14Baha05Posted 11/12/2012 5:28:42 PM
Remmy8199 posted...
I beg to differ. I've had to replace my original 3ds TWICE already because of the issue with scratches on the top screen from where you close it. I went and got an XL, and it's better, but even that one's got it's flaws(like a stylus that won't stay in the stupid thing for one).

Those are flaws you can fix yourself easily the second time around.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#15Nickcool1996Posted 11/12/2012 5:34:55 PM
I still haven't gotten my top screen scratched (although I'm using Screen Protectors).

It's been almost a year now, and I have it in my pocket pretty much every day.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#16Genericgamer667Posted 11/12/2012 5:58:35 PM(edited)
Remmy8199 posted...

Sony? big wigs? you do know how much trouble they are currently in right?

and really this question is ridiculous. Nintendo doesn't care about you any less than the other two do.
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#17stargazer64Posted 11/12/2012 6:28:59 PM
Wat.

Nintendo has always been cheap. Maybe now you're just old enough to recognize it. If anything they are slightly more generous now.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#18jovewolfPosted 11/12/2012 7:20:35 PM
Yeah guys consider:

- Several version of the Famicom in Japan sold without cables of any sort
- The Gameboy (and Gameboy Color, and original GBA) sold without any sort of screen lighting to reduce costs. They all also ran on actual batteries unless you wanted to pony up extra for a rechargeable battery pack.
- They stuck with cartridges for as long as possible because they could get more of a cut on each game sold (since Nintendo sold cartridges to developers themselves). This is particularly true in the NES era where they controlled the entire supply of carts.
- Even when they moved to discs, they used a proprietary format for the Gamecube to avoid paying DVD licensing fees.
- They fought tooth and nail in court over any games that were not licensed by them to various degrees of success.
- The NES, SNES, and Gameboy all received redesigns towards the end of their lifecycles with the aim of making them cheaper to produce.

There is frequent cost-cutting with Nintendo.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#19NathanisDrakePosted 11/12/2012 7:46:04 PM
Remmy8199 posted...
Tbh, Nintendo hasn't been doing well for a while now. They have a hard time keeping up with the big wigs like Sony

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Thanks for the laugh.May I remind you Sony is currently one point above junk bond status? What with the immense failure of their current handheld, the PS3 selling at a lost, their huge debt, and their other divisions not making much profit.Sony isn't what it used to be, if that's what you're thinking.

And what makes you think Nintendo isn't doing well?
They've slowly started selling the 3ds at a profit now, and you know how well the 3ds is doing, right?
---
[=[3ds]=]
[o+[__].::]
+ (+.[VITA].::) = *EXPLODES*