Great DS/3DS games no one has ever played.

#41CrisisOfFatePosted 11/13/2012 1:41:56 AM
Lux-pain
Theresia
Strange journey
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#42VyersPosted 11/13/2012 1:44:58 AM
Lesse. From this list I've played

Lock's Quest
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
Monster Tale
Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Trauma Center: Under The Knife
Retro Game Challenge
Theresia: Dear Emile
The Dark Spire
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Denpa Men
Moon
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
Mega Man Zero Collection
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Avalon Code
Spectrobes
Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Radiant Historia
Space Invaders Extreme 2
The World Ends with You
WarioWare: Touched
Urbz: Sims in the city
Sonic Rush
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Clubhouse Games
Knights in the Nightmare
Custom Robo Arena
Okamiden
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Bangai-O Spirits
Puyo Pop Fever
Elite Beat Agents
Contact
Big Bang Mini

A lot of the "not played" list comes down to too new, or import troubles.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#43aimingdevicePosted 11/13/2012 1:53:31 AM
Rondo of Swords was interesting in how you 'battled'. I still beat it twice for each of the endings but some characters were just too broken, especially a certain archer.

I found Luminous Arc 1 & 2 to be both underwhelming. You're probably thinking I was underwhelmed with the voice acting but that has nothing to do with how I feel about both games. Again, some characters were just too good while others were complete trash, like Rondo of Swords. I like to think that all characters should have a chance but, that's the case with most strategic/turn-based rpgs. Either way, the AI was really dumb in both Arc games while surprisingly the opposite in RoS- which I can understand why people were put-off or raged at the game. It's a typical Atlus game that comes with a higher curve of learning than most other games.

As for 3DS games, I felt that Tales of the Abyss 3D was a game that few people played. Yes, admittedly it was released for the PS2 eons ago but the port to the 3DS was virtually flawless, especially with the horrid loading times that plagued the PS2 version. It still suffers from dropping frame-rates when too much is happening on the world map, however. It also does have lackluster sound compressions(but that gets a pass in my books on any handheld system- the voice acting and music is great if you happen to have a set of headphones/earphones with you all the time while playing it) but that could just be due to the limits of the 3DS (XL in my case) speakers. I really can't comment on the 3D as I surprisingly never did play with it on to preserve battery life and that I think 3D is just a gimmick.
---
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. ~Sun Tzu
#44toad133Posted 11/13/2012 1:54:36 AM
Okamiden, Rhythm's Thief and Ghost Trick.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#45Gam3r777Posted 11/13/2012 2:01:21 AM
To get pretty new, Fractured Soul is pretty damn decent. I almost never hear these boards talking about it. It's on the E-Shop if you want to check it out.
#46Blaze627Posted 11/13/2012 2:02:52 AM
I'm going to toss out a vote for Dragonball Z: Attack of the Saiyans for DS

It's a turn based RPG by Monolith Soft (Xenoblade, Xenogears, Baten Kaitos, etc.) that follows the Saiyan saga of the DBZ storyline. Since there's not really much to cover there, there's some filler content created to give the characters stuff to do in the time between the Raditz fight and Nappa/Vegeta's arrival on Earth, making things a little bit different from the usual norm of "Fight Saiyans, training sequence, fight Saibamen, Fight Nappa, Fight Vegeta" that pretty much every other DBZ game does. Broly also shows up as a post-game superboss.

The battle system's pretty damned fast paced, and the Paper Mario-like system of being able time time button presses to dodge/block attacks (The button pressed depends on the character and their position on screen) keeps you on your toes during battle. It's not the greatest JRPG out there, but it's a surprisingly solid one, especially considering the franchise in question. I'd definitely give it a try, it shouldn't really be too pricey these days.
---
"Samuel Jackson! Made painstakingly by me, Samuel Jackson! It'll get you drunk!"
#47RandomHeroPosted 11/13/2012 2:55:08 AM
I put more hours into Zoo Keeper than any other DS game. not a brilliant game or anything, but every bit as addicting as Bejeweled and other popular puzzle games.
---
you're it
#48n00bsaib0tPosted 11/13/2012 3:00:57 AM
Deep Labryth was a fun game that I never hear talked about.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#49jeieem18Posted 11/13/2012 3:25:02 AM
Ace Attorney Series...
Professor Layton Series...

Seriously... there are still more people that didn't know who is Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton...

Also...

TWEWY
#50NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 3:36:54 AM
NIGHTSKY.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.