Time to try Mario again.....

#21logans_run_82Posted 11/13/2012 6:10:04 PM
SM64: one of the greatest mario games in the series, and one of the best games of all time.

SM3DL: neither of those. imho

Although despite my brief disappointment with how the game turned out to be, I actually put a lot of time into it (25 hours.) So it really isn't bad. But I haven't replayed it since I took the game out of my system.
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#22Gam3r777Posted 11/13/2012 6:37:12 PM
It's kinda hard to find, but get Super Mario 64. It's superior to 3DLand in every way. Not to mention it doesn't give you like a bagillion lives like the new one and actually has a challenge.
#23NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 6:47:09 PM
TC, don't listen to those obnoxious Nintendo fanboys. Mario 3D Land is still a really good game in its own right(check the reviews if you don't believe me).

But some kid will probably jump on me for saying that.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#24RazieruPosted 11/13/2012 7:10:53 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
TC, don't listen to those obnoxious Nintendo fanboys.

Ah, more of his name calling, yet calls others obnoxious because their opinion doesn't match his. Yup, definitely Nathany.

Mario 3D Land is still a really good game in its own right(check the reviews if you don't believe me).

TC, aside from his opinions = facts drivel, just check the reviews and game play videos to help you decide.

"How's that for another one of my condescending attempts? Insult others, then parade around like the bigger man, huh TC?"

Northern_Rose posted...
So the last Mario game I owned was Super Mario World because they gave it to me with my SNES. (Ya platformers really aren't my thing)

Seeing as how platforming really aren't your thing, then the Mario RPGs (like the recently released Sticker Star is more suitable. Start there.

I am thinking of either Super Mario 64 on DS or Super Mario Land 3D for 3DS. Whats better? Pro's? Con's?

> SM64DS simply has much more effort put into it; despite being a modified port; much
more to do than SM3DL
> SM3DL does a better job at looking better than its game play plays
> includes two second stages
>same remedial and predictable platforming as any other Mario game (unless you
don't use the tanooki Suit)

Also, SM3DL is a platformer; a 3D platformer at that.

Any of the other Mario titles worth it?

I wouldn't say so; especially considering NSMB 1.5 DS (NSMB 2); that game is the very definition of the most incredibly dire and lazy romhack at retail price. But hey, it's also a platformer; the most lazy crap to ever exist; so no worries or concerns there.

I love 2D Metroid's and Castlevania's but no 2D side scrolling Mario games please

All the more reason to avoid NSMB 2.

I'm still bored from the NES super Mario Bros.

That's funny. Given the Mario games of today, I find the classic Mario titles (especially and ultimately SMW 2) much more respectable. As Nintendo makes more and more shameless, stale, stagnant, and lazy Mario rehashes, I'm going to feel even more compelled to bow to them.

I like to explore a little not just jump a lot.

On that note, why not try Sticker Star? The Mario RPGs seem to have a lot more limitations in that department.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#25NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 7:24:43 PM
NathanisDrake posted...

I called it.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#26PeskyBOI43Posted 11/14/2012 5:38:18 AM
grab yourself a Wii and buy Super Mario Galaxy 2
#27adampeltzPosted 11/14/2012 5:54:42 AM
Super Mario is my favorite series by far. That series is ultimately the reason I started playing videogames, and the reason I continue to love them as much as I still do.

With that said, I hate Super Mario 64 DS because of the controls. Part of why the series is so special is because you feel one with your character's movement. The games never feel tedious, even when they're hard. (Plus they do countless other amazing things).

SM64DS breaks that tradition all the time. It stinks. Personally, I think SM3DL is still the most compelling reason to own a 3DS and I really think you should avoid SM64DS at all costs. It's just awkward and not enjoyable.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | SSB Brawl FC: 3095-4658-7188
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691;