For the people who didn't like Sticker Star, Miyamoto is your man to blame

#21scigeek101Posted 11/13/2012 7:35:06 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
miyamoto hate rpgs? i had no idea.
after all you play pokemon blue you see his name in the credits...

plus i think it's ironic he took THE most annoying part of rpgs(grinding) and made that the focus of nsmb2.

i think miyamoto might need to play ffvi or 7 because as long as your not constantly running from fights you get enough xp that you only need a couple battles to level up.

either that or the only rpg he played was something like dq or wow were the ammount of grinding is ridicolusly obsurd(don't get me wrong i LOVE dq but that doesn't mean its perfect)

Well, he did say he didn't like RPG's during the development of Mother 2, in the mid 90's, so he was probably basing his opinion on the early Dragon Quest games. Miyamoto is a big Gameplay and mechanics guy anyway, so I think he doesn't like RPG's mainly because he thinks the gameplay is boring (Which RPG's certainly can be at times).

Granted he does like certain RPG elements, he used a bunch in Zelda. I think he is the type of guy that likes more action type games cause he thinks they are more fun.

Also Miyamoto pretty much isn't near as involved in game creation as he was in the 80's and 90's, New Super Mario Bros 2 really wasn't his thing.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#22SMASHKING84Posted 11/13/2012 7:54:44 PM
and honestly i have to ask why is didn't use mario characters like daisy,toadette,wario,etc characters that already exsist as part of the mario legacy. hell they gave luigi a funny side story in ttyd and made him playable in spm if you can't create more goombellas,bows,rawk hawks and tubba blubbas then expand on already exsisting characters i realize bowser jr and kamek kinda did that but they've could use even more characters.

hell this new rule still doesn't explain how bowser went from being the funniest recurring character to nothing.

@miyamoto if your so agianst new characters why the hell are there miis in nsmb u?
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
unless i state otherwise everything i say is MY opinion.
#23SSJ4CHRISPosted 11/13/2012 8:00:27 PM
Kersti the star sticker or whatever didn't pre-exist in the Mario Universe, while PM partners do. So how are they even following what he said for them to do? They completely missed his idea if that's what they came up with.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#24AceMosPosted 11/13/2012 8:11:23 PM
miyamoto gave a small ristriction

thats it

such things are GOOD for devlopemetn as it make sthe devlopers work harder to get there vision out there

i like sticker star but i see its flaws and lack of new chars is not 1 of them sure i miss the clever dialog of the other paper marios but *shrug* its still has some of it and the world is verry nice and diffrent

the problem is the diffculty is inconsistant regular battles are easy but bosses are verry hard

and sticker balance is a bit troublesome to manage
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#25SMASHKING84Posted 11/13/2012 8:12:25 PM
@endgame why would hate miyamoto he thinks EXACTLY like you
-he hates games with a good story
lrn2 press the damn skip button.
-he hates rpgs
-he constantly tries to act like he knows what's best for gamers because it's what he wants and nobody else matters
-he pretends to know game design but he hasn't made a game since the n64 era
-he loves hearing him self talk
---
#26SMASHKING84Posted 11/13/2012 8:18:28 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Kersti the star sticker or whatever didn't pre-exist in the Mario Universe, while PM partners do. So how are they even following what he said for them to do? They completely missed his idea if that's what they came up with.

i don't understand it anyways unless miyamoto said"you can create one new character and that's it"

well partners like goombella exist because goombas exsist,partners like flurrie were completly new.

i honestly don't understand his logic unless IS made a big the cat esque character new characters help the game feel new.
---
#27AkaneJonesPosted 11/13/2012 9:24:32 PM
Marcster1994 posted...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/interview_the_team_behind_paper_mario_sticker_star

"However, for Sticker Star, Mr Miyamoto asked us to create a game using only characters already found in the Mario world rather and not any of our own."

Woh woh woh, I don't think they did that idea very well. I mean the Mario World is far more diverse than what I've seen used lets see
0) Donkey Kong
1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) Toad
5) Bowser
6) Yoshi
7) Daisy
8) Tatanga
9) Wario
10) Wanda
11) Larry
12) Morton
13) Wendy
14) Iggy
15) Roy
16) Lemmy
17) Ludwig
19) Kamek
20) King Bob-bomb
21) Womp King
22) Waluigi
23) King Boo
24) Toadette
25) Bowser Jr.
26) Rosalina
27) Luma(child)
28) Lubba
29) Queen Bee
30) Blue Toad
31) Yellow Toad
32) Green Toad
33) Purple Toad
34) Petey Piranha
35) Boom-Boom
36) Pom-Pom
37) The Chimp
38) Fluzzard
39) Cosmic Clone Mario
40) Toadsworthy
41) Professor E. Gadd
42) Mipps
43) Pauline
44) Wart
45) Birdo
46) Mouser
47) Triclide
48) Fry Guy
49) Clawgrip
50) Raznor
51) Big Boo
52) Eyerok
53) Big Bully
54) Chill Bully
55) Wiggler(boss)
56) Gooper Blooper
57) Mecha-Bowser
58) Cannon Mole
59) Eely Mouth
60) II Piantissimo
61) Koopa the Quick
62) Manta Ray
63) Dino Piranha
64) King Kaliente
65) Bugaboom
66) Megaleg
67) Kamella
68) Tarantox
69) Topmaniac
70) Bouldergeist
71) Major Burrows
72) Baron Brrr
73) Kingfin
74) Peewee Piranha
75) Digga-Leg
76) Gobblegut
77) Rollodillo
78) Sorbetti
79) Squizzard
80) Prince Pikante
81) Mummy Pokey
82) Cheepskipper
83) Giant Goomba
84) Monty Mole Tank
85) Lakithunder
86) Dry Bowser(though not a separate character)
87) King Totomesu
88) Dragonzamasu
89) Hiyolhoi
90) Biokinton
91) Radonkel
92) Ricky
93) Sabasa
94) The Three Little Pigheads
95) The Octopus boss

Ha I didn't even include the previous Paper Marios, Mario & Luigis, Mario RPG, Non-player characters from Mario Party/Sports/Kart, any or the generic enemies that weren't bosses, and character from Yoshi, Donkey Kong, or Wario series games(excluding Donkey Kong, Pauline, and Wanda, but Mario vs DK and Mario & Wario should count anyway). Out of what I've seen only Bowser, Mario, Peach, Gooper Blooper, Giant Goomba, Toad(generic), Koopa(generic), and other generic enemies make up the cast.

I think they took it too seriously. I think he was thinking, "You know how Super Paper Mario has almost no "Traditional" Mario related characters? So I'd like you to make a new Paper Mario using the actual characters of the Universe already in place." They forgot how Paper Mario had a Goomba(Goombario), a Koopa Troopa(Kooper), a Bob-bomb(Bombette), a Para Troopa(Parakarry), a Boo(Bow), a spark(Watt), a cheep-cheep(Sushie), and a Lakitu(Lakilester) as it's main cast. So they made like no actual characters, it was a mistake on that end.
#28FlyinTonitePosted 11/13/2012 11:06:25 PM
It took me all of 25 seconds to get over no kremlins in dkcr, the tikis were kind of cool.

Also, im pretty sure the first 2 pm games' entire cast was just mario characters with names.
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#29SMASHKING84Posted 11/14/2012 12:25:45 AM
not really.
pm:
1.merlin and his kind
2.the star spirits
3.bird thing that changed your stats for 39 coins
4.the guy who sold you a bunch of junk at the price of 64 coins on the off chance you get something rare
5.chuck quizmo
6.tutan koopa[yes he's part of the koopa family but there are no koopa troopas even close to him
7.tubba blubba

8.those ufo enemies 9.duplighosts 10.the sun[the angery sun in smb3 isn't the same this sun was good]
11.those flower people[like the one who always lies] 12.the boss of the 7th dungeon[i cannot remember his name] i may have forgot some.

ttyd:
1.xnauts[whole group] 2.shadow siren/shadow queen 3.that fortune teller on the roof looks new 4.hooktail family 5.yux family 6.spinia family 7.other new enemy types[too many to list] 8.those guys the rivals of the piantas 9.punies 10.rawk hawk 11.grubba 12.the people in twilight town 13.cortez 14.flurrie 15.the "curse” boxes
---
#30KillingHarderPosted 11/14/2012 12:35:45 AM
I like the game. It's fun in its own way. Feels fresh compared to the previous games. I didn't feel like I was playing the same came with new paper over the top of it.
---
If you have the term "Official ___ of the __ board" in your signature, you probably hate yourself and don't realize you can't cosplay on boards. GTFO!