5 Features 3DS needs(Firmware/E-shop)

#1pikachupwnagePosted 11/13/2012 3:08:11 PM
1. Ability to gift games on e-shop. Even the freaking Wii can do it for heavens sake.

2. Account system.

3. Weekly sales on e-shop

4. PS+ like service. Free games and discounts and such.

5. The ability to use the hats you get in find mii on your actual mii outside of the streetpass plaza.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#2keyblader1985Posted 11/13/2012 3:13:23 PM
We'll get right on that.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#3abbyhitterPosted 11/13/2012 3:15:50 PM
Home menu folders need more customization options too!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#4Starwars4JPosted 11/13/2012 4:27:18 PM
The only valid points you have are 1 and 5. Point 2 was already confirmed, we've already had occasional sales on the e-shop, and who would be stupid enough to pay for PS+ (let alone XBL)?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5n00bsaib0tPosted 11/13/2012 4:32:23 PM
and who would be stupid enough to pay for PS+ (let alone XBL)?

Paying for XBL: you get what you pay for. I stopped paying for it because my wife has our 360 in the states and I have our PS3 with me over here, but XBL is the best of the console online services by far.

Paying for PS+: It more than pays for itself. You get content for anywhere between 10-100% off (thats not a typo, there are games that are $15 that PS+ users get for free). There is also a lot of content available early if not exclusively to PS+ users, like when the Sonic games were ported and PS+ users got them a month early AND for free.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#6pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 4:33:33 PM
Starwars4J posted...
The only valid points you have are 1 and 5. Point 2 was already confirmed, we've already had occasional sales on the e-shop, and who would be stupid enough to pay for PS+ (let alone XBL)?

..________
,.-.~.,
..,.-..-.,
.,/..:,
,?\,
./..,}
../,:`^`..}
/,:/
..?..__..:`../
./__.(..~-,_,:`./
../(_.~,_..~,_..,:`.._/
.{.._$;_=,_.-,_.,.-~-,},.~;/.}
..((..*~_.=-._;,,./`./../
,,,___.\`~,~.,..`..}../
(.`=-,,.`(;_,,-
/.`~,`-.\/\
.\`~.*-,.|,./..\,__
,,_.}.>-._\..|..`=~-,
..`=~-,_\_`\,\
.`=~-,,.\,.\
..`:,,`\..__
.`=-,.,%`>==
._\.._,-%.`\
..,<`.._|_,-&.`

I know point 2 is confirmed. Doesn't mean 3DS doesn't need it.

Also "occasional sales" is hardly weekly sales and its been several months since the last sale in NA. And even when we did have them it was on a single game. Hardly impressive compared the huge sales on PSN.

And PS+ is an great deal.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#7Starwars4JPosted 11/13/2012 4:34:05 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
and who would be stupid enough to pay for PS+ (let alone XBL)?

Paying for XBL: you get what you pay for. I stopped paying for it because my wife has our 360 in the states and I have our PS3 with me over here, but XBL is the best of the console online services by far.

Paying to play online is just insane.

Paying for PS+: It more than pays for itself. You get content for anywhere between 10-100% off (thats not a typo, there are games that are $15 that PS+ users get for free). There is also a lot of content available early if not exclusively to PS+ users, like when the Sonic games were ported and PS+ users got them a month early AND for free.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all of your "free" games on PS+ disappear once you stop paying for the service?
---
#8Starwars4JPosted 11/13/2012 4:37:13 PM
I edited out the overdone Picard ASCii because it's distracting and stupid.

pikachupwnage posted...
I know point 2 is confirmed. Doesn't mean 3DS doesn't need it.

Why include something that we have confirmed will happen? It's like if I went and made a topic ranting about how the 3DS needs a new Monster Hunter game exclusive to the system, it needs Fire Emblem brought to the states, it needs Animal Crossing brought to the states, it needs a new Luigi's Mansion game, and how it needs a new Castlevania game.

Sure it's true, but since it's already confirmed there's no need for you to waste our time by talking about it happening.

Also "occasional sales" is hardly weekly sales and its been several months since the last sale in NA. And even when we did have them it was on a single game. Hardly impressive compared the huge sales on PSN.

I don't think you know what the word "needs" means.

And PS+ is an great deal.

In the same way the Vita's memory cards are a great deal, sure.
---
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 11/13/2012 4:49:17 PM
Paying to play online is just insane.

I don't personally see what the big deal is. The money goes into server maintenance and development, the product is hands down the best out of the three online console experiences. My only complaint is that you need it to use Netflix.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all of your "free" games on PS+ disappear once you stop paying for the service?

Yes, this is true. PS+ is $50 a year and you lose access to the free PS+ games (they aren't deleted though).

On the flip side, look at what is available right now for PS+.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

KOFXIII is one of the best fighters this gen and is still $60, RE5 Gold is a great game, Little Big Planet 2 is a great platformer and highly addictive, infamous 2 got great reviews and seems to be a pretty popular series (I haven't played it myself, just throwing it out there).

The deals change every month too. Its $50 a year, but this month alone there is easily over $200 worth of content. Thats a $150 profit at least, and for most casual gamers you could pay $50 a year and have more than enough games to play without having to go for the newest titles.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#10Makeveli_livesPosted 11/13/2012 6:05:18 PM(edited)

Just as when you stop paying for Netflix, you lose the right to watch movies. You're still easily getting 200+ a month in games (at least 300 if you also have a Vita) and you can play them for a year. In addition to extra discounts on top of already discounted items, 1 hour demos, PS cloud storage for games/saves, etc.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

That's what's being offered now for the Vita (up top) and PS3 (bottom). The first two games alone on the Vita list retail for 40 bucks new, each. That's 80 dollars worth of stuff you're getting from 2 of the 18 games on that list. Just for fun, I'm going to add the rest of the Vita's list.

Gravity Rush - 40
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 40
FF Tactics: War of the Lions - 10
Wipeout 2048 - 20
Mutant Blobs - 8
Jet Set Radio - 10

That's 130 bucks worth of content for the Vita. Now the PS3:

RE 5 Gold - 20
Infamous 2 - 20
Little Big Planet 2 - 30
Ratchet and Clank - 20
Dungeon Defenders - 15
King of Fighter 13 - 30
Quantam Conundrum - 15
Payday The Heist - 20
Scott Pilgrim - 10
Bloodrayne - 10
Double Dragon - 10
Outland - 10

That's 220 bucks worth of content.

Now we're looking at a grand total of 350 dollars worth of digital content which, for 50 bucks, you can use like you own it for a year. On top of extra discounts between 20-80% off, cloud storage for the games/saves, betas, early access, etc.

And just for another fun fact 2011 PS+ deals and savings amount to 1200 dollars worth of free/discounted s***. All for 50 bucks a year, and you're honestly trying to save that it's a bad deal?

Really?
---
Pokemon White FC: 2065 0926 8652
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340