Good site to buy a 3DS while living in Japan?

#1Obl1TeRaTEPosted 11/13/2012 6:13:33 PM
Yeah, I live in Japan and this region lock thing can be really annoying. I want a Wii U but I will have to wait til I get back to the states as shipping will eat me alive. 3DS on the otherhand should have more manageable shipping. Any suggestions?
#2parKb5Posted 11/13/2012 6:31:59 PM
I always import from Playasia.com. I've never had any problems with them.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#3scigeek101Posted 11/13/2012 7:25:20 PM
I think there are some good international shippers on Amazon. Gamestop can be good for shipping games but they don't ship 3ds handhelds. You also can always go to Akihabara in Tokyo or Den Den Town in Osaka as I believe they have shops that specialize in imported electronics.

Also 3ds shipping will still eat you alive, as you can't send the 3ds through Airmail due to the battery.

Really in your position why don't you just buy a Japanese 3ds? The only advantage an American 3ds will give you is cheaper costs but they will disappear in the shipping process. Japanese 3ds gets more games and gets them earlier too. You can always sell it when you get back to the states.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#4Obl1TeRaTE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 3:29:18 AM
Meh, too much reading in RPGs in whatnot and my kanji isnt spectacular. That sucks about not being able to send by airmail due to battery as well.
#5scigeek101Posted 11/14/2012 3:10:23 PM
Obl1TeRaTE posted...
Meh, too much reading in RPGs in whatnot and my kanji isnt spectacular. That sucks about not being able to send by airmail due to battery as well.

Then don't get RPG's. And you will never get spectacular at kanji until you are forced to use them all the time. Just use a dictionary at first and after a few days you will easily recognize most of the common ones in RPG's.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#6NettoSaitoPosted 11/14/2012 3:18:47 PM
Why not use play-asia?
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#7Lady_GweynPosted 11/14/2012 3:54:11 PM
Playasia is the best for getting western games in Japan. Their release dates can sometimes be wonky, but you'll get your stuff around 2-4 days after it ships.

Alternatively, there are a few shops in Tokyo (Akiba specifically) that sell import games and systems, but there is a markup on them.
---
PSN: Megistrus