Do you keep the game boxes or not?

#21WildkatbPosted 11/13/2012 9:38:45 PM
OK, I've been collecting games for quite some time now...

I dont have any of my Atari or GameGear boxes but, I have kept all the boxes for my NES, SNES, SMS, GENESIS, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PS1, PS2, GC, Wii, 3DS. I have even purchased a duplicate of a NES or SNES game just to get a box and/or instructions. I keep my games in their boxes except for a couple DS, GBA, 3DS games that I'm currently playing. They'll go back into their boxes when I'm done.

I avoid certain GameStop shops because they throw away everything. I do not know how they can think its OK to get a complete game, throw away the box and price it at $3 less than new!?
---
3DS: 4511-1377-9331 WildKat
and 3DS XL: 0302-1145-6525 Kat
#22LightHawKnightPosted 11/13/2012 9:39:44 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
I just hate how some of these games are considered "New" as long as they have manual and game box especially on amazon and Gamestop and they jack up the price so it's cheaper to buy it used but Idk what to do when I have soo many "used" copies like that -_-;

Eh? I see GS doing that all the time, any opened game to them is new! Amazon, how? Used is used to them. Having a box and manual makes them like new, or acceptable or something, but not new. Also many GS used are only 5 bucks cheaper. Why even buy that?!
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#23Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:52:32 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...
I just hate how some of these games are considered "New" as long as they have manual and game box especially on amazon and Gamestop and they jack up the price so it's cheaper to buy it used but Idk what to do when I have soo many "used" copies like that -_-;

Eh? I see GS doing that all the time, any opened game to them is new! Amazon, how? Used is used to them. Having a box and manual makes them like new, or acceptable or something, but not new. Also many GS used are only 5 bucks cheaper. Why even buy that?!

Oh wait on some of them I forgot to scroll down on amazon....that was my own error sorry. Anyways as I was saying, I'm just happy across the hall of the mall that Gamestop is in at my mall is another "USed Gamestop" and they refuse CD games without cases and as for DS games they keep the boxes. It's just some games are cheaper without cases....like I just recently got a used copy of "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box" without the manual or box for $8.00 and I think new it was $ 12.00 and plus $4.50 shipping and handling plus stupid online sales tax -_-;.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
#24LightHawKnightPosted 11/13/2012 9:54:03 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Darkstorm16 posted...

Oh wait on some of them I forgot to scroll down on amazon....that was my own error sorry. Anyways as I was saying, I'm just happy across the hall of the mall that Gamestop is in at my mall is another "USed Gamestop" and they refuse CD games without cases and as for DS games they keep the boxes. It's just some games are cheaper without cases....like I just recently got a used copy of "Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box" without the manual or box for $8.00 and I think new it was $ 12.00 and plus $4.50 shipping and handling plus stupid online sales tax -_-;.

Eh? I see DS games sitting on GS and they throw away the boxes. Don't see why they would ever require them. It is freaking annoying to get a game without a box. That is another reason why I never shop at GS.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#25poopfeasts420Posted 11/13/2012 9:54:42 PM
I used to throw away my DS cases but it wasn't impressive seeing my collection in just a card case so I started saving them.
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#26NarutoPosted 11/13/2012 9:55:50 PM
This topic is baffling. Where do you keep your games if you toss out the case? How do you pick out the game you want to play without seeing the name on the spine?
#27Baha05Posted 11/13/2012 9:57:54 PM
Naruto posted...
This topic is baffling. Where do you keep your games if you toss out the case? How do you pick out the game you want to play without seeing the name on the spine?

I use CD and cart cases for my games.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#28NarutoPosted 11/13/2012 10:04:13 PM
What? You toss out the case that the game came in... just to put it into another plastic case? WTF?
#29Baha05Posted 11/13/2012 10:06:55 PM
Naruto posted...
What? You toss out the case that the game came in... just to put it into another plastic case? WTF?

Well I store the cases into a box somewhere, besides the big difference is the ability to bring more then one game in just a case then lugging like 5 CD cases and a few DS/3DS cases.

I mean this isn't rocket science, this kind of questioning is on par with asking what's the point of the 3DS charge cradle. Simple conveniences.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#30nooitzbenPosted 11/13/2012 10:07:28 PM
It's a little sad that all these game related boxes just end up in the landfill for like the next 1000 years or so? They definitely will not decompose like a banana peel.

I personally always keep everything game related and never throw them away. If I do want to get rid of something I just trade it or sell but never throw away. A lot of people just tend to throw whatever they feel like into the garbage with no thought at all.