Do you keep the game boxes or not?

#31nooitzbenPosted 11/13/2012 11:10:47 PM
Wildkatb posted...
OK, I've been collecting games for quite some time now...

I dont have any of my Atari or GameGear boxes but, I have kept all the boxes for my NES, SNES, SMS, GENESIS, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PS1, PS2, GC, Wii, 3DS. I have even purchased a duplicate of a NES or SNES game just to get a box and/or instructions. I keep my games in their boxes except for a couple DS, GBA, 3DS games that I'm currently playing. They'll go back into their boxes when I'm done.

I avoid certain GameStop shops because they throw away everything. I do not know how they can think its OK to get a complete game, throw away the box and price it at $3 less than new!?

I would just avoid all Gamestops. They are extremely anti-video games and just throw away boxes/manuals to "save space" especially if they game is worth $5. I would never support this type of business practice. I just surprised people keep buying from them with no thought about this at all.
#32Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 11:20:18 PM
nooitzben posted...
Wildkatb posted...
OK, I've been collecting games for quite some time now...

I dont have any of my Atari or GameGear boxes but, I have kept all the boxes for my NES, SNES, SMS, GENESIS, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PS1, PS2, GC, Wii, 3DS. I have even purchased a duplicate of a NES or SNES game just to get a box and/or instructions. I keep my games in their boxes except for a couple DS, GBA, 3DS games that I'm currently playing. They'll go back into their boxes when I'm done.

I avoid certain GameStop shops because they throw away everything. I do not know how they can think its OK to get a complete game, throw away the box and price it at $3 less than new!?

I would just avoid all Gamestops. They are extremely anti-video games and just throw away boxes/manuals to "save space" especially if they game is worth $5. I would never support this type of business practice. I just surprised people keep buying from them with no thought about this at all.

If i did that i might as well give up on gaming. Most stores in my town hold more XBox and Wii games than anywhere else. The 3 used game stores focus on older gen and verrrrry few current gens of nintendo and when it is a nintendo ds about 80 percent they sell are shovelware.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
#33EchidneysPosted 11/13/2012 11:23:29 PM
nooitzben posted...

I don't generally buy it if it doesn't include all the stuff that came with it. However, more often than not, they do keep whatever came with the game used. I've got old PS2 games from them with the manuals and whole boxes all intact.
---
PSN: Echidneys // 3DS: 4468 - 1242 - 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#34Gam3r777Posted 11/13/2012 11:27:15 PM
Ehh, depends on the game and if it's worth anything or not, but after a while games tend to loose their value so I haven't come across any that I keep for years on end.
#35The_DeskPosted 11/13/2012 11:59:18 PM
I always keep them, but if I buy an older game(usually handheld ones) and I don't have it I'm not worried.
#36Gogo726Posted 11/14/2012 12:05:21 AM
I only threw out cardboard boxes.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#37spooky96Posted 11/14/2012 12:10:32 AM
I keep them.
---
Do you like spoons?
#38MereMarePosted 11/14/2012 1:30:30 AM
I keep them as well.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#39Ergot_CholeraPosted 11/14/2012 1:53:32 AM
I keep all my disc games in their original cases anyway. I keep 3DS/DS carts in those small cases that hold 2 games, but I still keep all the original cases and instructions etc. I don't understand why anyone would throw them away, they are a part of the game owning/collecting experience.
#40ItemBreakPosted 11/14/2012 9:17:21 AM
People throw game boxes away? I can understand losing them or something, but I can't understand why anyone would feel compelled to throw them away.