Do you keep the game boxes or not?

#41Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 8:55:16 AM
ItemBreak posted...
People throw game boxes away? I can understand losing them or something, but I can't understand why anyone would feel compelled to throw them away.

Yup they do, about 10 months back I saw a used Super Mario 3D Land copy no box sitting at a used game store...they wanted $32
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
#42Darkeep12Posted 11/14/2012 2:48:52 PM
I kept all my plastic cases. Cardboard boxes, however, were almost all thrown away, mostly because I was still a kid at the time I bought games that actually used them. (With the exception of special editions and some PC games.)
---
PSN/Steam Id (It's the same): Darkeeper
#43fwiotgPosted 11/14/2012 2:52:49 PM
It's annoying how SO MANY people just throw them away (not here, but in general). Most of the used games in Gamestop are in sleeves or in those ugly generic print cases, and would have been SO much better with cases and manuals.
#44Desrtw0lfPosted 11/14/2012 2:59:00 PM
I keep my games in their original cases. I absolutely can't stand having them anywhere other than the system or the box, because I'm extremely paranoid that they'll get damaged. This effect is multiplied by 10 when it comes to discs.
---
-Desert Wolf
#45NettoSaitoPosted 11/14/2012 3:04:05 PM
I keep them. Games without their boxes aren't worth as much lol. Anyone who throws their boxes away will be sorry in a few years when they find out some of their games are worth a few hundred bucks.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#46Ruff_PuffPosted 11/14/2012 3:19:52 PM
There is no reason, in my eyes, for someone to throw out a game case. From what I've seen (on ebay or a game store, for example) the only reason there are games without cases is because the owner is a kid who doesn't understand it isn't good to leave a disk/cart lying around. I've heard people say they throw them out to save room, but I just don't think that is a good reason.
I keep all of my cases because they keep the game safe, they look nice and no one wants to buy a pre-owned game with no case.

Though, that's all my opinion.