Why won't Nintendo announce a Metroid 3DS?

#2121_21Posted 11/14/2012 5:33:46 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Still wearing that tinfoil hat, eh?"

Why would you say that? His post made a lot of sense.

I honestly think that, at this point, maybe Nintendo just doesn't know where they can *go* with Samus.

* METROID FUSION SPOILERS AHEAD *

I mean, think about it- Samus is supposed to be a heroine, a savior of the galaxy and whatnot. She's saved planets, fought off space pirates, defeated gigantic brains... and all of a sudden Fusion comes along and she's now a paraiah, a fugitive, a wanted woman on the run.

I think maybe this is why after Fusion all we've got have been prequels. Think about it- everything that Nintendo's done with Metroid after 2002 has been going backwards in the timeline!

Maybe they're just not willing... or not capable at the moment... of having one of their icons feature a "now I am a rogue" turning point. The Fugitive cliche is an easy one to fall into in order to quickly ruin off a character.

Not to mention the fact that the iconic Power Suit has been destroyed, leaving Samus and the Fusion suit as one permanently fused entity.

Maybe they'll figure it out, eventually. I certainly hope so. But dealing with these things is going to be difficult for Nintendo to hurdle themselves over.

But Sakamoto already had the script all written out for the sequel of Fusion. He even coined the sequel "Dread". All that was left was to actually make the game. Who knows, maybe the story he thought of could still work now.
---
Currently playing:
Cave Story, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Pokemon White 2
#22adampeltzPosted 11/14/2012 5:42:58 AM
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/shigeru-miyamoto-discusses-wii-u-metroid-possibilities-i-tremble-with-excitement/

I think that's a good sign. It's not a matter of "if"... it's a matter of "when." Don't forget, Metroid Prime moved Gamecubes off the shelves for a holiday season in the US when there was a slump.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | SSB Brawl FC: 3095-4658-7188
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691;
#23iFryMudkipsPosted 11/14/2012 6:11:00 AM
Hunters 3D
#2421_21Posted 11/14/2012 6:19:35 AM
adampeltz posted...
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/shigeru-miyamoto-discusses-wii-u-metroid-possibilities-i-tremble-with-excitement/

I think that's a good sign. It's not a matter of "if"... it's a matter of "when." Don't forget, Metroid Prime moved Gamecubes off the shelves for a holiday season in the US when there was a slump.

Dammit but I don't want another 3D Metroid. Gimme 2D!!!!
---
Currently playing:
Cave Story, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Pokemon White 2
#25Black_AssassinPosted 11/14/2012 6:42:08 AM
FiendingHard posted...
western audience

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9xgj78UK01qbglk1o1_400.png
#26Hejiru206Posted 11/14/2012 7:03:18 AM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
I mean, think about it- Samus is supposed to be a heroine, a savior of the galaxy and whatnot. She's saved planets, fought off space pirates, defeated gigantic brains... and all of a sudden Fusion comes along and she's now a paraiah, a fugitive, a wanted woman on the run.

Exactly. This is why I want a sequel to Fusion.

Gameplay similar to Fusion or Super Metroid, and the story could of course involve the X coming back. (Think about how many times they brought Metroids back after being supposedly eradicated forever.) Since the Federation are sort of portrayed as bad guys now, they could have managed to keep some X Parasites that escape, etc, etc. I just like the idea of Samus roaming the Galaxy on the run from the Federation, maybe joining up with Anthony (perhaps even allowing a romantic relationship to develop between the two, although I suspect some people won't like that idea.) At the end of Fusion, Adam said that "one of them will listen." I always imagined this to be Anthony. Before Other M the idea of Samus and Adam on the run from the law sounded cool, but Other M made Adam into a completely unlikeable character. But maybe if someone other than Sakamoto writes the story, he could become a character I didn't want to strangle.

They also have an easy plot excuse for Ridley fights now; the X can copy DNA and multiply, so if they introduce some sort of plot device that lets the X that weren't destroyed in Fusion copy dead Ridley's DNA, they can revive Ridley as many times as they want and have a Ridley battle in every game without messing up continuity. It'll just be an X copying Ridley instead of the real Ridley.

Plus, that opens the door to a possible new boss fight: TWO RIDLEYS! :p

grans posted...
Disliking Other M is hardly foolish, it took a fantastic series full of great gameplay (both combat and exploration wise) and removed everything that made it so great. I won't even get into the plot, I probably would have even forgiven that aspect had the game been really fun to play.

Exactly, this is how I feel. I wasn't happy with the story, but I like that they tried to do a cinematic style (which normally I love.) But the gameplay was too un-Metroid.

21_21 posted...
But Sakamoto already had the script all written out for the sequel of Fusion. He even coined the sequel "Dread".

I'm a little afraid of him now, to be honest. Everything that people disliked about Other M was his idea. Collaborate with Retro and let them write the story.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#27GenoPosted 11/14/2012 8:10:15 AM
Just do what everyone else does: pretend Fusion never happened, or chalk it up to a dream sequence or a simulation. Then give us some old-school Metroid action. How about a new set of planets, each with unique and cryptic undergrounds, with a mix of old and new bosses?

Screw the story, just give me some more Metroid.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#28LunarRoarPosted 11/14/2012 10:49:50 AM
I hope every single day for an eventual sequel to Fusion.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#29MagiusNecrosPosted 11/14/2012 10:52:52 AM
I never viewed The Federation as good IMO, just the lesser of 2 evils. Metroid is a darker game in atmosphere then most.
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#30wisemiddsPosted 11/14/2012 10:59:39 AM
KillingHarder posted...
Because right now there isn't one to announce?

This, Metroid isn't popular in Japan. Check out them Nintendogz though man!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds