Why won't Nintendo announce a Metroid 3DS?

#31Northern_RosePosted 11/14/2012 11:30:33 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Still wearing that tinfoil hat, eh?"

Why would you say that? His post made a lot of sense.

I honestly think that, at this point, maybe Nintendo just doesn't know where they can *go* with Samus.

* METROID FUSION SPOILERS AHEAD *

I mean, think about it- Samus is supposed to be a heroine, a savior of the galaxy and whatnot. She's saved planets, fought off space pirates, defeated gigantic brains... and all of a sudden Fusion comes along and she's now a paraiah, a fugitive, a wanted woman on the run.

I think maybe this is why after Fusion all we've got have been prequels. Think about it- everything that Nintendo's done with Metroid after 2002 has been going backwards in the timeline!

Maybe they're just not willing... or not capable at the moment... of having one of their icons feature a "now I am a rogue" turning point. The Fugitive cliche is an easy one to fall into in order to quickly ruin off a character.

Not to mention the fact that the iconic Power Suit has been destroyed, leaving Samus and the Fusion suit as one permanently fused entity.

Maybe they'll figure it out, eventually. I certainly hope so. But dealing with these things is going to be difficult for Nintendo to hurdle themselves over.

As I recall The Fugitive was still an innocent man. A plot that would get Samus back on the right side of the law cant be too hard to come up with. Have it start off with her on the run, escaping or crashing on some new planet. have Samus and fusion suit save said planet, have something on the planet to free Samus from the suit. Have her go back and find parts for a new "old suit". There is so much they could do with it. Its literally wide open as it is. Have her track down the Chizo again to free her and give her her old suit or tell her where to find parts for a new one. And for gods sake just use the same game play as Super Metroid so they dont ruin another one.

Heck just look at most action movies, they got really bad men/women, doing good things and saving the day. Heck Riddick was an Anti-Hero. Take a hint from the RE games, they got people on the run from not only Zombies but all of Umbrella as well, have Samus go after the people she worked for because they have some secret lab and secret agenda and they only used Samus. How can they not make gamings most bad-ass girl look good?

Heck at the very least clean up Zero Mission, Metroid 2 and Super Metroid and put em all in 1 game. Ala The Mega Man Zero Collection for DS.

The first game we froze a lot of Metroids, just say someone (I like the people shes been working for) took one and kept it frozen and crossed em with new animals, all having Metroid traits. A Metroid saved Samus, why not have Samus save one now and it can do its life sucking thing and get free Samus from the fusion suit.

How can they not know what to do next? Introduce a Samus clone to find and save the real samus. ANYTHING AT ALL.

Nintendo lost their way with Samus theres no doubt about that. So just make a game about her and Nintendo finding their way back.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be, than me." ~ Bad-Anon
#32badboyPosted 11/14/2012 12:12:08 PM
Because it doesn't print money like those other casual games.
#33KGTriggerPosted 11/14/2012 12:15:38 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Still wearing that tinfoil hat, eh?"

Why would you say that? His post made a lot of sense.

I honestly think that, at this point, maybe Nintendo just doesn't know where they can *go* with Samus.

* METROID FUSION SPOILERS AHEAD *

I mean, think about it- Samus is supposed to be a heroine, a savior of the galaxy and whatnot. She's saved planets, fought off space pirates, defeated gigantic brains... and all of a sudden Fusion comes along and she's now a paraiah, a fugitive, a wanted woman on the run.

I think maybe this is why after Fusion all we've got have been prequels. Think about it- everything that Nintendo's done with Metroid after 2002 has been going backwards in the timeline!

Maybe they're just not willing... or not capable at the moment... of having one of their icons feature a "now I am a rogue" turning point. The Fugitive cliche is an easy one to fall into in order to quickly ruin off a character.

Not to mention the fact that the iconic Power Suit has been destroyed, leaving Samus and the Fusion suit as one permanently fused entity.

Maybe they'll figure it out, eventually. I certainly hope so. But dealing with these things is going to be difficult for Nintendo to hurdle themselves over.

There's no need to reply to his posts, he's not making any legitimate points or arguments. He's just making comments to bug people.

I'm surprised more people haven't realized this by now.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#34FiendingHard(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 12:49:21 PM
Metroid hasn't exactly always been heavy on story (Don't know about Metroid Prime trilogy so can't comment on that), surely Nintendo can work something out?
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Sine Mora, XCOM, Final Fantasy 6
#35TheGreatUnownPosted 11/14/2012 3:21:54 PM
iFryMudkips posted...
Hunters 3D

DO WANT!
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
#36Stefan1277Posted 11/14/2012 3:53:33 PM
Other M half killed the series, and they're too busy making Mario games.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#37iMURDAuPosted 11/14/2012 4:15:41 PM
Problems with the Metroid series. First game was early in the life of the NES, sequel on GB was a pretty hard game (draw yo own map!) also even though it got a major push by being featured with Super Game Boy. Absent on N64. No 2D games since Zero Mission came out in 2004. So basically if you were 10 or 11 (I was 24 then and have since gotten married and had a child) when that game came out you're an adult now, that's called neglect Nintendo. I got a DS Lite in early 2007...never found a copy of Hunters in a store. Other M was/is an abomination and should be on the list of games we highly anticipated but was never released for some reason (quality control pulling the plug).

Positives with the Metroid series. Super Metroid was/is the bomb. Switch to FPS for GCN was good. Echoes was hard as it should've been. Good but overlooked GBA games. Hunters on DS was a good game or so I hear. The Prime Trilogy on Wii is one of the great bundles of gaming history.

So basically the series hasn't been getting the sales of other Nintendo franchises but its also been one of the unforgiving style of games. If you're not good you won't beat a Metroid game (Other M not included) and that's how it is. There is still a market for Metroidvania games and a return to the 2nd dimension would be the best thing for the series imo.

tl;dr: We need a 2D Metroid on 3DS and soon or Nintendo should just abandon the series.
---
"Either way's good with me. But I wonder what Zanza would say about it."
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#38wisemiddsPosted 11/14/2012 10:05:37 PM
Because Nintendo are too busy making New Super Mario Nintendogz Vetz! It's gona be amazing with a downloadable leash! Derp derp derp
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#39gransPosted 11/14/2012 11:50:09 PM
Metroid hasn't exactly always been heavy on story (Don't know about Metroid Prime trilogy so can't comment on that), surely Nintendo can work something out?

The biggest problem with Other M (at least for me) wasn't even the bad story The story is terrible as is the writing and characters, but again I would have at least forgiven the game somewhat had the gameplay been fun. Other M was nowhere near any of the other Metroid games in terms of level design, platforming, exploration, atmosphere, etc. Basically all of that was removed.

Despite Fusion's problems, it was still incredibly fun to play (IMO). It was more linear in terms of plot procession but the level design was still really good and there were still lots of secrets to uncover. Not to mention the atmosphere was absolutely stunning, I actually felt legitimately creeped out by it and the main enemy you face. That's not to mention a certain other boss as well, i'll just say he lives up to his name.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#40crimsonclaw111Posted 11/15/2012 1:26:05 AM
Let Retro forget about Metroid and work on another IP. What Metroid needs is some Nintendo EAD love.
---
White bread is clearly superior to wheat bread, yes?