Zelda spirit tracks

#11TiaelPosted 11/14/2012 11:09:18 AM
Hejiru206 posted...
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who actually liked the DS Zelda games.

You aren't, as I said.
I am looking forward to an original Zelda for the 3DS whenever that time comes as well.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#12wisemiddsPosted 11/14/2012 12:09:53 PM
Has to be joke topic, ST better looking OOT 3D? It's not even a patch on the original! Don't even get me started on the gameplay, although I use that term loosely as far as ST is concerned.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#13emagdnEPosted 11/14/2012 12:13:33 PM
I don't get why PH and ST actually get some of the hate they rightfully deserve, even on Nintendo fanboy dens like this board (or rather, you can hate on them without immediately being called a "troll"), yet, Skyward Sword, which is more of the same treating Zelda as a ****ing guinea pig for bad control schemes, is mostly loved (as in, hate on it and you'll immediately be called a "troll")

Because the toon graphics work better on weaker hardware.

they worked fine on Gamecube
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#14FefnirOmega13Posted 11/14/2012 12:19:26 PM
Spirit tracks was legitimately a good game.

It may have not been a good ZELDA game to some, which is why all the fanboys froth at the mouth, and it had it's flaws (pan pipe sections, the passenger ride sections) but it was a good game nonetheless.

I'm not really an avid Zelda fan, but I've played enough of the series and I can say I didn't like Ocarina of Time at all. Wind Waker was pretty cool though.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#15Robot_SatanPosted 11/14/2012 12:22:05 PM
emagdnE posted...
I don't get why PH and ST actually get some of the hate they rightfully deserve, even on Nintendo fanboy dens like this board (or rather, you can hate on them without immediately being called a "troll"), yet, Skyward Sword, which is more of the same treating Zelda as a ****ing guinea pig for bad control schemes, is mostly loved (as in, hate on it and you'll immediately be called a "troll")

Possibly because the Skyward Sword controls actually worked really well? Well, the beetle was unnecessary (I'd have preferred to just keep the boomerang), but other than that everything worked really well.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
If it is past 10, expect a steep drop in my grammar skills
#16TiaelPosted 11/14/2012 12:26:18 PM
Robot_Satan posted...
emagdnE posted...

Possibly because the Skyward Sword controls actually worked really well? Well, the beetle was unnecessary (I'd have preferred to just keep the boomerang), but other than that everything worked really well.

I had no issues with the main game or running through Hero mode, but hey.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#17SS4kronos33Posted 11/14/2012 1:02:18 PM
Hejiru206
Posted 11/14/2012 12:07:46 PM
message detail
Sometimes I think I'm the only one who actually liked the DS Zelda games.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like them both myself.i think spirit tracks is way better than the ocarina of time 3ds remake any day of the week.for me ocarina of time is the one zelda game i cant stand to look at anymore let alone play because i have every variation from the n64 to the 3ds.the one i dont have yet would be the wii virtual console release and thats just because i havent hooked my wii up to the internet to get it.i will go as far as to say both the zelda ds games and zelda 4 swords are better than OoT in general and that is my opinion and i am sticking to it.
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/
#18Northern_RosePosted 11/14/2012 1:11:29 PM
Only liked the first 4 Zelda games, Zelda (NES) Zelda II (NES) A Like to the Past (SNES) Zelda OoT (N64/3DS)
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be, than me." ~ Bad-Anon
#19Oxo_64Posted 11/14/2012 1:12:42 PM
I liked Spirit Tracks' style although I felt the dungeons lacked any sort of personality, for want of a better word. The game as a whole just felt sub-par.

I f***ing love the overworld theme though, one of the series best in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY
---
3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1717 - 5353
PSN: Oxo-64
#20SS4kronos33Posted 11/14/2012 2:02:34 PM
Northern_Rose
Posted 11/14/2012 2:11:29 PM
message detail
Only liked the first 4 Zelda games, Zelda (NES) Zelda II (NES) A Like to the Past (SNES) Zelda OoT (N64/3DS)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OoT was # 5.links awakening was the 4th in line
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/