Is Style Savy good for a 5 year old girl ?

#11emagdnEPosted 11/14/2012 4:58:12 PM
Tons of guys here seem to be enjoying it.

why, exactly?

I'd understand if the girls were attractive, but.....
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#12Northern_RosePosted 11/14/2012 5:04:56 PM
Because its sorta like an RPG on a system thats lacking RPGs. Because its got an INSANE amount of customization options, and because it really is a good game. That and a lot of guys are mature enough to play a good game no matter what it is.

It will be a great game for your daughter in a few more years once she can read pretty good. I wish I could be more help, but I'm 36 with no kids so Im not the right person to ask what a child that young would or wouldnt like but Style Savvy is a lot of content for someone so young.
---
"I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be, than me." ~ Bad-Anon
#13AkaneJonesPosted 11/14/2012 6:44:04 PM
emagdnE posted...
Tons of guys here seem to be enjoying it.

why, exactly?

I'd understand if the girls were attractive, but.....

It's a game like Harvest Moon & Atelier. In other words it a well made game in a simulation style that can have endless game play, but provides interesting output beyond the simple here's fashion. Basically asking do some people play HM games for the dating sim features instead of the farming and the answer is yes, even if those feature are primitive to actually Date Sims. The game however doesn't ball you up too much in time constrains, so it's not as restrictive on time management. That is actually a plus to reaching a wider audience, since people are less likely to get turned off of it the way some people are for Atelier games not named Iris.

Oh course I should point out you don't like jRPGs or Visual Novels in the first place. The feature that attracts people to these types of games are often very similar as those. So as a result I don't expect you to like them. That means I don't really expect you to understand in the first place. So the question to you isn't why would guys like it, but rather it reads as why would anyone.

Either way, the main question isn't one of content in the game, but rather reading comprehension of a 5 year old girl. It'd expect you want to wait for her to be 7 or 8. A 5 year old is a preschool student, and likely is only learning the alphabet. She could grow into the game, and it could help push her interest in learning to read properly. But the chances are she won't get the same immediate enjoyment out of the game as say a Mario game. Even then though there's the prone to sucking at playing, but it's easy to compensate for simple platforming than language comprehension.
#14Nikos_the_greatPosted 11/15/2012 2:45:14 AM
Just turn off the 3D if that game supports it, nintendo says only 6+ kids should use the 3D feature. If I were you I wouldn't let her use it until 8 or sth just to be on the safe side.
#15cddumdodoPosted 11/15/2012 3:33:32 AM
elsmitty posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Yeah, try the demo. It's not my kind of game, but it's supposed to be great for what it is. Tons of guys here seem to be enjoying it.

Do the guy who enjoy playing it also enjoy each others company?

Anyways, my back on topic...
My 4 year old god child likes it.

I'm a male gaymer ;p and this type of game doesn't appeal to me at all.

Anyway, back to the topic... =p
I'd suggest getting her nintendogs and cats, it's cute fluffy and doesn't have anorexic b$@&hy female figures to corrupt an impressionable underdeveloped child with XD. Good luck.
#16iusefebrezePosted 11/15/2012 4:42:56 AM
18 years of age probably best game on 3ds right now
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#17SkaldskaparmalPosted 11/15/2012 4:59:38 AM
elsmitty posted...
Do the guy who enjoy playing it also enjoy each others company?

they like a fashion game, they must be gay, ahurhur
#18SquirrelettePosted 11/15/2012 6:36:49 AM
Nikos_the_great posted...
Just turn off the 3D if that game supports it, nintendo says only 6+ kids should use the 3D feature. If I were you I wouldn't let her use it until 8 or sth just to be on the safe side.

Actually, this game probably has the best use of 3D I've seen on this system yet. It really is wonderfully done.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#19yukitoPosted 11/15/2012 6:41:48 AM
There is quit a bit of reading and I'm not sure how easy it would be to run the store/win contests without understanding all the is going on, but it is a fun fashion/sim game so if she enjoys reading I'm leaning towards recommending it to her.
---
Samantha Wright is my waifu.
-Yusketeers
#20PookyKittyPosted 11/15/2012 6:42:58 AM
Can she read? It might be too difficult if she isn't very good at reading yet. Some kids can't read well until a bit later than 5 unless the parents teach them early on.