Capcom said Megaman will return!

#61ParominPosted 11/15/2012 1:18:32 AM
Companies cancel games when they think there won't be enough interest in them.

Which is what Capcom did.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#62OoSubaruoOPosted 11/15/2012 1:20:32 AM(edited)
Yeah, right. Have you actually see the dedication some of the fans did for that game? Clearly not. If Capcom wasn't sure if MML3 was ready to be seen by the public, they should have kept it hush hush until they were ready.

Keep giving them more excuses though.
#63ParominPosted 11/15/2012 1:23:45 AM(edited)
Yeah in the end even the most dedicated fan will buy what? 2 copies?

If Capcom wasn't sure if MML3 was ready to be seen by the public, they should have kept it hush hush until they were ready.

If you read the article, the Capcom rep clearly admitted they made this mistake and that they won't be making it again. At least with Megaman titles anyway.

---
#64OoSubaruoOPosted 11/15/2012 1:23:54 AM
I love how Paromin is damage controlling their idiotic decision. Keep at it man.
#65ParominPosted 11/15/2012 1:25:21 AM
I like how Capcom haters still insist that Capcom... wait what exactly are you insisting on?

Capcom already admitted the mistake they made in announcing MML3, and said that they won't make it again.
---
#66OoSubaruoOPosted 11/15/2012 1:27:04 AM
I'm not a Capcom hater, I still buy their games. I'm just sick of them pulling stuff like this, and having people like you defend them no matter how stupid it is.

Putting the blame on their fans for them cancelling MML3 was just a low blow, and you know it. That "mistake" was clearly them trying to damage control.
#67ParominPosted 11/15/2012 1:29:34 AM(edited)
What exactly am I defending them on?

I'm stating a fact, Capcom said they made a mistake, they promise they won't do it again.

That's what the article says. Have you even READ it?

And the blame on the fans? Have you even bothered to read the statement they released in relevance to that? There wasn't enough activity in the dev room. That's no different from a company saying they won't localize a game's sequel or cancel a sequel because sales of previous titles are low.

---
#68OoSubaruoOPosted 11/15/2012 1:32:52 AM(edited)
Clearly, you don't know Capcom's track record at all. They keep making stupid choices. What was their excuse for cancelling Mega Man Online? Not enough activity in the dev room? I've seen a lot of people posting stuff in there. Yeah, that's clearly not enough activity at all.
#69ParominPosted 11/15/2012 1:36:18 AM(edited)
Oh please go right ahead, show me another example that other game companies aren't guilty of

What was their excuse for cancelling Mega Man Online? Not enough activity in the dev room? I've seen a lot of people posting stuff in there. Yeah, that's clearly not enough activity at all.

Other than the mistake of Capcom releasing info on this game too early. Games get cancelled, companies don't need to give reasons. Nor do they always give reasons.

Singling Capcom out I see

Haters will hate.

---
#70RazieruPosted 11/15/2012 1:41:35 AM
Paromin posted...
I wonder if people actually read the article.

I wonder if people like you will ever take off your blinders and see the real issue here.

What their VP says makes perfect sense. They announced MML3 and MMU way too early in the development stages. Then when both get cancelled, which games in development are very prone to, fans get whiney.

Ignorance is bliss. No one is whining. If anything, you're the only whiner (currently) trying to righteously justify an act of pure irresponsibility and ill mannerism by a company who could give two ***** about you being their whiny patriot defending their fallacies.

So instead of announcing a game that early, they're not going to say anything about a Megaman game in development until it's really green lit.

So instead of properly planning, developing, and executing like any other responsible company usually does, they do the evident opposite.

This is exactly what Capcom should have learned from the whole MML3 fiasco. Don't give a concrete announcement about something that early in development.

Eh, they have yet to truly learn anything other than the bs they peddled that only you, again (currently), bought.

Haters will be haters I guess.

The same can be said for the clueless.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.