What do you think of Nintendo Video?

#1ReeGPosted 11/16/2012 6:10:31 PM
I personally find this app and it's content pretty awful. Some of the content is just embarrassingly bad and cringe worthy. It's been pretty bad since I got the system last November. With all the 3d content being produced in the world, why is Nintendo video so awful? Are we not good enough for Nintendo to license some decent content and not this home made college project BS that's on it %90 of the time?
---
I7 2700K | 8GB GSkill Ripjaws | GTX 560TI | GB-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, PSP
#2Baha05Posted 11/16/2012 6:12:26 PM
I'm ok with it, yeah some content is bad but you factor in the internet and really what video content ISN'T bad? For every good video you have like 20 more awful videos exists.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#3ReeG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:16:54 PM
Baha05 posted...
I'm ok with it, yeah some content is bad but you factor in the internet and really what video content ISN'T bad? For every good video you have like 20 more awful videos exists.

True but I think Nintendo should be taking advantage of this feature better. They have the single most widespread 3D device around and it's like they're not trying to do anything worthwhile with it in terms of delivering real 3D content. Could you imagine how many more units they might sell if they had some reputable movies or TV shows available in 3D? It would become a selling point. Right now it's kind of a joke and a novelty where you spend 5 minutes in there a couple times a week if that.
---
I7 2700K | 8GB GSkill Ripjaws | GTX 560TI | GB-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, PSP
#4Baha05Posted 11/16/2012 6:18:46 PM
ReeG posted...
True but I think Nintendo should be taking advantage of this feature better. They have the single most widespread 3D device around and it's like they're not trying to do anything worthwhile with it in terms of delivering real 3D content. Could you imagine how many more units they might sell if they had some reputable movies or TV shows available in 3D? It would become a selling point. Right now it's kind of a joke and a novelty where you spend 5 minutes in there a couple times a week if that.

Ummm most likely not a lot more units would be sold, besides I'm pretty sure movie companies would have to work movies around the 3DS's use of 3D as it's not a common form of 3D use as opposed to using glasses. And with the resolution some movies would look awful.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#5ReeG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:26:22 PM
Baha05 posted...
ReeG posted...

Ummm most likely not a lot more units would be sold, besides I'm pretty sure movie companies would have to work movies around the 3DS's use of 3D as it's not a common form of 3D use as opposed to using glasses. And with the resolution some movies would look awful.

I guess extra sales is speculation but It can't be that hard to do it if people are using homebrew apps to convert 3d Bluray releases to playback on the 3rd themselves. Personally i've never done it or seen how that looks, but I'd imagine if people at home and these little budget production companies can convert their content to 3D it can't be too hard for a major movie/TV studio. It may be even worthwhile for licensing and advertising revenue.
---