Error Code: 005-4240 when trying to connect to eShop?

#1parKb5Posted 11/16/2012 6:37:48 PM
There is usually a notice if Nintendo is doing maintenance on the eShop, this one just says that there is an error when trying to connect.

Is everyone else getting this?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#2Dark_AbaddonPosted 11/16/2012 6:42:02 PM
I am getting this too
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#3vikittyPosted 11/16/2012 6:44:43 PM
Oh phew I'm relieved! I just brought home a brand new 3DS, charged it, went to download some goodies and... error codes. FML.
---
Animal Crossing:
Name: Vikitty; Town: Narnia; Code:0559-1198-4703
#4parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:47:16 PM
vikitty posted...
Oh phew I'm relieved! I just brought home a brand new 3DS, charged it, went to download some goodies and... error codes. FML.

Yeah, I was worried that something was wrong with my wi-fi all of a sudden and being in NJ about now, I'm worried that the power is gonna cut off at any moment LOL.
---
#5kuroikazexxPosted 11/16/2012 6:54:26 PM
Same here.. Errored out in the middle of a bloody System transfer.
---
This is good... Isn't it?
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/xthedarknessx/ripbb.jpg
#6ChibiSonikkuPosted 11/16/2012 6:55:28 PM
Anyone know how long this will last? I need to set up some games for someone by tonight.
---
Gamertag: Ventace
#7parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 6:58:01 PM
kuroikazexx posted...
Same here.. Errored out in the middle of a bloody System transfer.

Holy crap! That has got to suck! I hope that you didn't lose anything.

They really should let us know when they are taking the eShop down for situations like this. I mean couldn't they send a SpotPass or something that at such and such time the eShop will be down?

Oh, that's right, Nintendo hasn't figured out how to get SpotPass to work correctly yet. Most of us would get that notice sometime next week...
---
#8DrOrpheus42Posted 11/16/2012 6:58:30 PM
I'm getting this message now too.

The full story on my end is that I was on the home menu, and noticed a blue circle on Nintendo Video. I opened up the software to get rid of that notification, but immediately got a message saying the save data was corrupt and had to be recreated, after which it started saving and froze up for an hour until I hard rebooted (luckily the rest of my SD card data stayed intact!). So I just manually deleted all Nintendo Video data and went to go re-download it, but now I'm having this problem with the eShop.

Is anyone else having this Nintendo Video problem too? Do you suppose it's possible the two things are related somehow? Fortunately, the rest of my software is working fine, and at least it's good to know others are having this eShop trouble too.
#9parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 7:02:22 PM
DrOrpheus42 posted...
I'm getting this message now too.

The full story on my end is that I was on the home menu, and noticed a blue circle on Nintendo Video. I opened up the software to get rid of that notification, but immediately got a message saying the save data was corrupt and had to be recreated, after which it started saving and froze up for an hour until I hard rebooted (luckily the rest of my SD card data stayed intact!). So I just manually deleted all Nintendo Video data and went to go re-download it, but now I'm having this problem with the eShop.

Is anyone else having this Nintendo Video problem too? Do you suppose it's possible the two things are related somehow? Fortunately, the rest of my software is working fine, and at least it's good to know others are having this eShop trouble too.

I didn't have a problem with Nintendo Video. I had the blue dot earlier this evening (it was a new Dinosaur Office episode) but it ran smoothly with no errors.

Maybe their whole online system is down for some reason (probably b/c of the Wii U launch this weekend) and they need to upgrade it and you just happened to be downloading the Dinosaur Office episode when Nintendo went offline, hence the corrupt error that you got.
---
#10vikittyPosted 11/16/2012 7:08:16 PM
It's back up! :) I've been prompted to update my system so doing that first.
---
Animal Crossing:
Name: Vikitty; Town: Narnia; Code:0559-1198-4703