Adventure Time Impressions

#1Ambassador_KongPosted 11/17/2012 8:33:16 AM
Okay, I played a couple of hours of Adventure Time between episodes of my Breaking Bad season four marathon (great show, btw).

First, the game looks exactly like an Adventure Time episode and most characters make an appearance. Lemongrab and Donnie are in the game along with Tree Trunks, Hot Dog Princess, and just about every other character you can think of. Sadly, there is very little voice work which is disappointing because the text is not as funny without them.

The game is a lot like Zelda 2, but it is not nearly as hard. Jake rides in the backpack and can punch using x. Jake attacks with y. Jump with b. It reminds me of Banjo Kazooie. Jake gains special abilities as he goes. The first is an ear shield.

I think the game is going to be really short because my file says 30% after two hours of play. I'll let you know more as I get further in.

So far the game is okay, but nothing special. Everything works well and looks nice. The music is good, but none of it is from the actual series (as far as I can tell). Still, the game does nothing fantastic. Vanilla is the best word to describe it.

A C - C+ effort.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#2TheGoToSleepPosted 11/17/2012 8:53:39 AM
Thanks for the impressions, sounds like what I expected. A decent game but for fans of show only.

Are there multiple save files?

Gf got me CE off of Amazon but can't play it until Christmas, her brother wants to know if he can start a file on mine or if he should get his own.
#3NathanisDrakePosted 11/17/2012 8:56:25 AM
Oh well, wasn't planning on getting it anyway.

Thanks for sharing, TC.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#4legionofpancakePosted 11/17/2012 8:59:49 AM
How did you get it? From what I know the game still has three days before it comes out.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#5TheGoToSleepPosted 11/17/2012 9:02:28 AM
I'm not TC obviously but...

At my local Best Buy they had regular edition out since Tuesday, computer would not let us buy it though. That does mean it's entirely possible another store/ma&pa had it out ahead of time.

We tried to buy it and they took it off shelves afterwards, employee was a **** towards us like we tried to pull a fast one when they're the ones who put the game out.
#6legionofpancakePosted 11/17/2012 9:10:02 AM
How strange. Yeah, that definitely wasn't your fault; Store employees should know better than to carelessly put early arrivals on the shelves. Ah well, it does sound like what I expected, too. I didn't expected it to be too difficult since it's a game based off a TV show. I still might pick it up.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#7Ambassador_Kong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 10:31:33 AM
TheGoToSleep posted...
Thanks for the impressions, sounds like what I expected. A decent game but for fans of show only.

Gf got me CE off of Amazon but can't play it until Christmas, her brother wants to know if he can start a file on mine or if he should get his own.

Three save files. The music is pretty good and I would be interested to know who the band is, but it bugs me that you don't even get the original theme song for the show.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#8TheGoToSleepPosted 11/17/2012 12:07:27 PM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
TheGoToSleep posted...

Three save files. The music is pretty good and I would be interested to know who the band is, but it bugs me that you don't even get the original theme song for the show.

Awesome! Good to know, and thank you for the reply.
#9malfionPosted 11/17/2012 12:29:55 PM
Have you encountered any "Games of Bmo"? If yes, what are they? Are they just collectibles or are they actual playable games?
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#10PsychoWolfXPosted 11/17/2012 12:35:27 PM
So the game isn't fully voiced?
That is a huge disappointment=(