Which Zelda game should I play next?

#21AppleJockRidaPosted 11/18/2012 10:57:16 AM
Spirit tracks is amazing. This is what zelda 64 should have been instead of the dubed down and casual oot.
#22AppleJockRidaPosted 11/18/2012 11:02:53 AM
"I have never played through any of the 3D Zelda games, but when I tried Ocarina 3D for the first time I hated it, but couldn't really put my finger on the reason why. I'd loved all the 2D versions, but Ocarina... bleh. I think you nailed it, though. Maybe I should try Wind Waker?
"

I agree as well. They were missing the difficult puzzle solving, exploration, finding hidden items, etc. that only the 2d perspective allows for (and 2.5d in the ds zelda games);
#23Rpg AddictPosted 11/18/2012 11:07:18 AM
I chose the Oracle games. They're very similar to LA, so if you're in the mood for more of that, go with them. You can't go wrong with any of them though.
---
Space for rent.
#24Zero_ManiacPosted 11/18/2012 11:47:48 AM
LegoLeonidas posted...
Everyone else likes Majora's Mask, but I really never cared for it. I also didn't much care for Ocarina of Time. To me, it felt like they sacrificed the fun of the series for the 3D aspect. While all my friends were raving about the N64 entries, I found myself playing A Link to the Past for a third or fourth time. Eventually, they release Windwaker, which definitely recaptures that fun feeling N64 games were missing, and (go figure)all my friends HATE IT!

Long story short: I'm kind of a Zelda black sheep. I even liked Spirit Tracks.

That said, play Minish Cap or the Oracle games.

I can understand liking WW, and I'm fine with you disliking OoT and MM, but how on earth could anyone EVER like ANY of the DS Zeldas more than OoT and MM?
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#25matty549Posted 11/18/2012 12:36:54 PM
Adventure of Link is BAR NONE the most under-rated game of all time. It's extremely difficult, which turns many gamers off... but it's the one I recommend, assuming you have the patience.
#26AnclationPosted 11/18/2012 12:51:44 PM
Majora's Mask.
#27snake_5036Posted 11/19/2012 9:47:03 AM
Majora's Mask and then play AoL after that
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:51....500th posts: 5
#28LegoLeonidasPosted 11/19/2012 1:02:40 PM
Zero_Maniac posted...

I can understand liking WW, and I'm fine with you disliking OoT and MM, but how on earth could anyone EVER like ANY of the DS Zeldas more than OoT and MM?

Because it was clever and quirky, had lots of fun moments, the Multi-player mode kicks butt, and spirit Zelda is friggin' ADORABLE! I didn't like the train bit, as it felt like there wasn't much exploring to do, but it still wasn't as boring as the N64 games for me.

There's another thing that kinda bugged me about my friends raving for the 64 games: It was the first zelda game they ever played(for most of them). I played Adventures of Link first at my aunt's(eight years old), then got my own NES with Zelda, and proceeded to play them in order from there. My friends mostly started with Oot, played MM, and totally dismissed EVERYTHING else as unworthy of the franchise.

It reminds me of FF7 in high school. When I told the (newly FF-obsessed)gang that I'd been a fan of the series since the first one, they kept asking what Cloud was like in the earlier games.<facepalm>
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#29AppleJockRidaPosted 11/19/2012 1:40:20 PM
I wonder why no one mentioned skyward sword and twilight princess in the thread. I think they are both better than the n64 games but are not as fun as the 2d outings and the ds ones.
#30SS4kronos33Posted 11/19/2012 1:59:46 PM
Zero_Maniac
Posted 11/18/2012 12:47:48 PM
message detail

---------------------------------------------------------------

you know what will really float your boat wrong.when i tell you i like the cd-i zelda games better than OoT...............AND I HAVE NEVER PLAYED THEM.OoT has been done to death.its on the n64( both a gold and gray copy),gamecube(collectors edition,master quest),wii VC,and now the 3ds
---
when doing business,follow these simple rules and you will be rich......http://www.sjtrek.com/trek/rules/